Oooh, it is so exciting as this week it is my turn to set the challenge over at Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges. It is the 1st time I have ever chosen the theme for a challenge and I have a beauty for you this week.
Before I tell you what the challenge is I just want to let you know that over at the Happileigh Scrappin' Store Leigh is having a sale on her digi's for the month of March.
Purple is one of my favourite colours. I love it so much my bedroom walls are painted a shade called Purple Heart by Crown Paints. It is such a calming restful colour and at the moment in the UK the spring flowers are starting to peek out of the ground including purple crocus' and very soon we will have bluebells at the bottom of my garden and that makes me happy :)
So I want to see lot of purple or lilac, to qualify it needs to be the main colour not just a tiny bit.
For my creation I have used Promarkers to colour a lovely digi Leigh has design called Jenny on Swing which you can purchase form the Happileigh Scrappin' Store. I thought it would be fun to place it inside the scallop frame so that her legs were dangling outside, emphasising she is sitting on the swing.
The card is 5.5'' square and has been cut from a sheet of A4 card. I have used a sketch from Hanna & Friends for the layout. The green paper is a Dovecraft one and the floral purple is by Papermania and I have distressed the edges of the papers and image with a small Versamark inkpad. I have added glittered Doodlebug swirls in the background and an assortment of paper flowers and bling embellishments. The sentiment is from a Forever Friends pack.
Remember, for our challenges you don't need to use a Happileigh Scrappin' image but if you do your entry counts twice and with freebies available here it is easy to use one of her fabulous digis.
We would love to see lots of entries in this challenge. Leigh gives away her lovely digis to the top 3 so it is well worth entering and me and the DT love to see your creations, so come on over to Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges to join the fun.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges :-
- Hanna & Friends #84 - Sketch for Layout
- ABC DT Challange - Happy Birthday
- Aly's Sunday Sketch #37 - Anything Goes
- Aud's Sentiments #23 - Birthday cards
- Bee Crafty #48 - Spring Florals
- By the Cute & Girly - Springtime
- Card Makin' Mama's #16 - Include some Green
- Catch the Bug - Anything Goes
- CCEE Stampers #1109 - Swirls
- Color Dare #98 - Perfect Plum, Always Artichoke & Neutral (white)
- Crafty Ann's Challenges #35 - Birthday
- Crafty Calendar Challenge #18 - Spring
- Crafty Sentiments - Birthdays
- Cupcake Inspirations #101 - lovely spring theme
- Delightful Challenges - Welcome Spring
- Digi's With Attitude - Anything Goes
- Do You Stack Up #9 - Add some Green
- Easy Craft Projects #33 - Use some green colour
- Fairy Knoll #40 - Spring
- Fairy Tale Challenges #10 - Card featuring a Child
- Fun With Shapes & More #78 - Happy Birthday
- Gingerloft GL13 - Flowers
- I Love Promarkers #55 - Green & Purple
- Little Claire Designs #2 - Flowers
- Paper Garden Projects - Spring
- Paper Players #37 - Spring
- Pixie Cottage 59 - Spring
- Scrapbook Sisters #25 - Spring
- Shelly's Images TTT - Lots of Layers
- Simon Says Stamp - Recipe (2 DP, 1 image, 3 bellies, Gems, flowers, glittered swirls)
- Simply Create #38 - Flowers
- Stamping Vacation - Inspiration Station