It's Barb's turn to set the challenge over at Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges this week and it's a recipe for you to follow.
1 plain piece of cardstock
2 Designer papers
At least 3 embellishments
For my creation I have used Promarkers to colour a lovely digi Leigh has design called Scraggly Teddy which is available from the Happileigh Scrappin' Store. As soon as I saw it I knew it would be great for the teddies to be flipped so they could hold a birthday banner between them.
The card base has been made from a sheet of A4 card. The paper is a double sided one from My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow collection. I had created 3 layers on the bear so that the banner could be placed behind the arms. Each banner was made with a diamond shape of paper that is looped around the silver cord. They each measure 1.5cm at the widest point so they are quite dinky and have gold peel off letters on them to spell the sentiment. Each triangle is mounted onto 3d foam to add more dimension.
To separate the 2 papers I used a chocolate grossgrain ribbon with a diamante effect ribbon buckle. The lettering to spell Mom is velvet effect. I layered a couple of Prima daisies together with an American Crafts gem brad and I made a hat pin embellishment from assorted beads.
As you can see the card is for Mom. That is my Mother in Law and I gave it to her for her birthday yesterday and she absolutely loved it. The colours are her favourite and she adores and collects teddy bears so it ticked a lot of boxes.
Remember, for our challenges you don't need to use a Happileigh Scrappin' image but if you do your entry counts twice and with freebies available here it is easy to use one of Leigh's fabulous digis.
Don't forget that at Happileigh Scrappin' Store Leigh is having a sale on her digi's for the month of March.
We would love to see lots of entries in this challenge. Leigh gives away her lovely digis to the top 3 so it is well worth entering and me and the DT love to see your creations, so come on over to Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges to join the fun.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges :-
- 365 Cards Day #10 - Use something trendy (hat pin embellishment)
- ABC DT Challange - Happy Birthday
- Aly's Sunday Sketch #37 - Anything Goes
- Aud's Sentiments #23 - Birthday cards
- Creative Belli Challenges #112 - Animals (ribbon buckle I have had for year, ribbon at least 3!)
- Creative Inspirations Paint - Animals
- Dare to be Sassy #63 - Recycle (faceted beads on pin are from a necklace)
- Delicious Doodles #16 - Include some green
- Do You Stack Up #10 - Layers
- Easy Craft Projects #33 - Use some green colour
- Fun With Shapes & More #78 - Happy Birthday
- Gingerloft GL13 - Flowers
- Paper Pretties #144 - Ribbon
- Paper Romance #41 - Colourful
- Pattie's Creations #17 - Use some green
- Pile It On #11 - Green & Orange
- Prairie Fairy #48 - Birthday
- Sentimental Sunday #46 - Colour green or recyle (both, faceted beads on pin from a necklace)
- Shabby Tea Room #53 - Birthday Theme
- Shelly's Images TTT - Include some green in your project
- Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
- Stamp Insanity #50 - Include some green
- Stampin' B's DT #101 - Bling
- Stamping Vacation - No fancy Borders
- Take a Word #20 - Green
- Top Tip Tuesday #25 - Birthday