A few weeks ago I was contacted by Marjo at One Stitch at a Time after entering a challenge and saying I would be interested in a Guest Designer spot. Today is the day that I go 'Live' with a challenge of Mother's Day.
Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps each month have a huge collaboration pack from different members of the store. For the month of April you will get a Mother's Day/Babies set and it has loads of images in it as you can see below. The best things id it is ABSOLUTELY FREE if you spend only $10 in the store. Fabulous value!!
There are 2 sponsors for this challenge, One Stop Card Crafts are offering a $10 voucher
And Digi's With Attitude are also offering a prize, more details are on the challenge post.
I was able to choose my own image and picked this gorgeous little duck in the bath. It is called Rub-a-Dub-Dub and is designed by Stitchy Bear. You can purchase it in the store here
The image has been coloured with Promarkers and I have added some stickles glitter and dewdrops to highlight some of the bubbles. I have also used artistic license and added bubbles spilling out of the bath. I added Crystal effects to the big red hearts, eye and beak of the little duckie.
The blue paper is from a big QVC Colorbok pack and I have added ink to the edges of this and the paper too. I wanted to do a relax theme to the card for Mother's day and used a sketch from Waltzing Mouse stamps for the banner idea. the lettering is rub ons and I have strung the flags onto a thin cord and 'pinned' it up using Craftwork Cards Candi.
The Mother sentiment is a Sizzlits die I bought in the sale last year. I think it cost me just 49p and I knew it would come in handy. I cut it in blue 1st and then layered a white one on top adding some little black dots and a gem on the butterfly. The rest of the sentiment was made up using the rub ons.
So that's my MIL's card done now, she will love the cute image. I hope you will hop on over to One Stitch at a Time and take a look at the DT's cards and maybe even enter the challenge yourself.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
- Allsorts #96 - For A Special Lady
- Alphabet Challenge U - Something that flies (duck & Butterfly)
- Card Makin' Mamas #17 - Animals
- CES Challenge #29 - Diecuts (Sizzlits sentiment)
- Crafty Pad #114 - Mother's Day
- Creative Card Crew - No Rubber Stamps
- Creative Inspirations Challenge #56 - Mother's Day
- Do You Stack Up #12 - Sparkle & Shine (glitter on bubbles, dew drops, bling on butterfly, Crystal Effects on beak & hearts)
- Dream Valley Challenges #3 - Mother's Day
- Easy Craft Projects #34 - Mother's Day
- Flutterby Wednesday #147 - Anything Goes
- Fresh Brewed Challenge #40 - 2 or more embellies (dew drops, blong, candi, string)
- Gem of a Challenge #17 - No Square Cards
- Gingerloft #14 - Die Cuts
- I Love Promarkers #58 - Dots (dotty circles on paper)
- Let's Craft & Create #15 - Mother's Day
- Little Red Wagon #73 - Butterfly
- Loonie Stampers #135 - Free Pass Friday
- Ooh La La Creations #76 - Mother's Day
- Papertake Weekly - Mother's Day
- Phindy's Friday Challenge #48 - All About Animals
- Pile It On #13 - Cutie Patootie
- Scrapbook Sisters #28 - Anything Goes
- Sentimental Sunday #48 - Cute & Cuddly
- Simon Says Stamp - Mother's Day Card
- Southern Girls - Add an animal
- Stamping Vacation - Use glitter (on bubbles)
- Totally Papercrafts #59 - Cuddly & Cute
- Whimsie Doodles - Make A Sentiment Banner
- Whoopsie Daisy - Glitz & Glitter (glitter, dew drops & gem on butterfly)
- Your Next Stamp #38 - Sparkle (glitter, dew drops & gem on butterfly)