My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Saturday 22 September 2007

Well chilled out and relaxed

Yesterday my MIL and I went to Eden Day Spa at Hoar Cross Hall. My hubby had given me £100 of vouchers for my birthday last year and they were about to run out.

I had a lovely massage using lovely Thalgo oils. It was very relaxing and I almost fell asleep ! I previously was never the kind of person who was interested in being messed about with, going to the hairdressers was torture enough so the thought of a massage was not appealing in the least. This was until I had a massage in Gran Canaria last year and I was a changed person forever.

The one thing I have always wanted to do is go in a flotation tank. The thought of being in a totally dark enclosed space and floating with relaxing music is something that I have wanted to do ever since I saw it on one of those spa programmes on satellite TV years ago. OH had found out that Hoar Cross Hall did it and that is the reason why he gave me the vouchers. I couldn't book it until I got there so there was SOME doubt that I would not be able to do it, but I am glad to say that I was able to. It was the most wonderful experience and I just totally switched off while I was in there.

The food was fantastic, it was like being in a 5 star restaurant and the facilities throughout the whole spa were wonderful. If anyone gets an opportunity to go it is well worth it.

OH got me a Tom Tom as I am not good going to new places, but that made it so much easier and getting there and back was a breeze. It made me a lot more relaxed knowing I hadn't got to keep referring to maps and when I got back home I was really chilled out and still grinning like a cheshire cat.

The deal from Paul was I had to be able to drive myself to the Spa and as I kept failing my driving test and time was knocking on I was getting more and more doubtful that I would be able to do it. My confidence is growing all the time as I expand my abilities and I feel so much more positive about myself and how far I have come.

Today I feel like a new person and cannot tell you how good that feels.

No comments: