My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 21 October 2007

Old & New Challenge

Recent challenge on Just Bex is to make 2 projects, one using old paper that you don't like and don't want to use - the other using new paper (that you probably don't want to use either !lol)

Now I ABSOLUTELY HATE pointsettias, I honestly don't know why but I cannot stand them. Last years Christmas DCWV stack had this image x loads of sheets. I had managed to get rid of some of them in a paper swap, but was still haunted by the remaining 2 every time I dipped into this pad.

I therefore decided that I would make a card with them for this challenge and ged rid once and for all. I used one as the base and the other I painstakingly cut out and decoupaged with the leaves at different heights to show better dimension. At one point I actually wished I'd got another sheet as it felt a bit stingy with 2 layers, but I think it has worked really well and you can see so much depth to it.

I accented the veins in the leaves with my Sakura fine tipped glue pen and glitter.

I'm in 2 minds whether to put a sentiment on it or not as I think it might spoil it if I do.

For the new one I have used a lovely design from the new DCWV Christmas stack, it's a totally different kind of paper for me but I really like it.

The sentiment is a freebie scrapbooking printable I've collected from goodness knows where. It is printed on photo paper so looks a bit shiny. The flowers are more of those lovely Primas, with glitterglue and gold glass beads in the centre.

I really like how fresh this design looks and very modern.

I am enjoying doing these challenges as it really makes me think about different styles and designs and I am sure some of it must sink in somewhere :)

No comments: