OMG this is my 750th Post!! I can’t believe I have waffled that much but then I have been blogging since May 2007 J I don’t think I can remember life before blogs…..
Thankyou to all my lovely followers, I am truly honoured that you feel I have something worthy of looking at and reading, mwah Mwah MWAH big kisses to you all xxx
Anyhoo, enough of that kissy kisssy stuff.
I am delighted that this is my 2nd week as Guest Designer at
The challenge theme this week is Embossing and you have until Sunday 25th September 7pm EST to get your entries in. You can emboss using a heat gun, an embossing folder or even the traditional stencils and lightbox, just make sure you use a digi OK J
I chose the image Feelin’ Bad Freddy. Don’t you just want to give him a hug to make him feel better? If you want to own him you can pop over to Daisy’s Digi Doodles store and he can be yours for only $2
You can tell he is a man as he’s in bed feeling sorry for himself. If it was a woman teddy she’d have no chance to take a rest would she girls?
The patchwork style paper on the base has been embossed and on the criss crosses and inked to brink the design out better. I have also used brown cardstock by DCVW and cut a circle for behind Freddy’s bed which has been embossed with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and sanded with an emery board. The other brown strip has also been embossed with a Sizzix folder.
Freddy and his bed has been decoupaged with 4 layers and coloured with Promarkers. Following the sketch layout from Sketchbook Saturday I used a Nitwit collection of free papers from a magazine. I used a Martha Stewart punch, some scrummy ribbon and recycled a chipboard tag from a piece of ASDA clothing for the sentiment tag. I covered it with a scrap of blue card, distressed the edges and handwrote the sentiment.
I hope you like my card. I think it would have to cheer up the poorly recipient.
I'll see you again next week with another lovely Daisy's Digi Doodles design.
P.S…. Keep checking out the store for some fab new designs, Jules has been doodling and they are just blooming gorgeous J
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – A5
Patterned Paper – Nitwits magazine freebie and DCWV for textured card
Sketch - Sketchbook Saturday #28
Embellishments – Recycled chipboard tag, and some pretty ribbon
Tools - 3D Foam & Scissors, Promarkers, Cuttlebug and Sizzix embossing folders, emery board, small ink pad, Martha Stewart Punch
Techniques – Embossing, distressing with inkpad and emery board, punching, recyling
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- Aly’s Sunday Sketch – Add a Bow
- Anything Goes #49 – Shabby Chic
- Art With No Boundaries – Anything Goes
- Bee Crafty #54 - Frames & Borders
- Cards For Men #19 – Anything But Square
- Catch the Bug – Punches or Die Cuts
- Crafts 4 Eternity R#36 – Brown & Blue
- Crafty Calendar Challenge – Bears
- Crafty Creations #135 – Anything But Square
- Creative Stamp Friends #33 – Card for a Man
- Delicious Doodles #1 – Fresh Start (used new papers)
- Di’s Digi Designs #1 – Anything Goes
- Digi Doodle Shop’s Best #75 – Circles
- Do You Stack Up #36 – Texture
- Fresh Brewed Designs #63 – Use Something New (papers)
- Fun With Shapes & More #91 – Anything Goes
- Heartsong Inspirations #15 – Chipboard
- House of Gilli #16 – Embossing
- House That Stamps Built DCC831 – Card for a Guy
- I Did It Creations #72 – Anything Goes
- Inky Impressions IIC #23 – Brown & Cornflower blue
- Karen’s Doodles – Checks
- Let’s Craft & Create #27 – Blast From the Past (#25 Use a Digi)
- Make It Monday #54 – Link Up Party
- Paper Shelter #30 - Embossing
- Papertake Weekly #64 – Anything Goes
- Passion For Promarkers #116 – Patchwork
- Pile It On #37 – Lots of Layers
- Shabby Tea Room #79 – Masculine & colour inspiration
- Sketchbook Saturday #28 - Layout of Card
- Speedy The Cat’s Friends #72 – Use a Punch
- Stamp n Doodle – Anything Goes
- Stamp Something – Anything Goes
- Totally Gorjuss #97 – For a man or boy
- Totally Stampalicious – Anything Goes