My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Monday 19 September 2011

HLSC #40 - 'T' Time




We have a new challenge today over at Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges which has been set my Happi Sister Starla and it is ‘T’ Time. Use images of T or something that starts with a T such as a Turtle, teddy Bear, Texture etc.


Unfortunately this will be our final Challenge as Leigh has had some life changes that mean she hasn't got time to draw the designs any more. I am truly going to miss designing for her as the images are perfect for my bright and fun style of crafting and my life has been enriched by being in a group of lovely ladies. The Happi Sisters are all such a talented bunch of crafters you will no doubt see us popping up all over the crafty blogosphere.

The Happi Sisters as always had the pick of the many images in the Happileigh Scrappin' store and I do hope you will take a look at the fabulous creations they have all made on the blog as there are some real beauties there.

For my card I have used Sea Turtle which is in the Critters section of the store.


As always you get the black and white and the coloured versions, all for only $3

It has been pointed out by my hubby this week that I don’t tend to make many card for men so in attempt to make more of an effort I have used this cute little turtle on a man’s card. It’s still got some bling on it though J

I have coloured the image using Promarkers and drew little swirls on it but I think I may have made him look a bit too much like a tortoise rather than a sea turtle. I did a Google search and my little offering is not quite right but hey, I can use artistic license can’t I? I did find the cutest picture of a Tiny Sea Turtle though courtesy of Simon King’s photostream on Flikr J


Aww, isn’t it sooo cute and tiny?

I used Kraft cardstock for the base and the mulitcoloured circle paper is a snippet from a freebie magazine paper. The sentiment is one I made myself. He is such a chilled out dude of a turtle. Finally I added some bubbles in the form of assorted sizes and colours of blue and clear gems.

There are loads of fabulous images in the Happileigh Scrappin' Store and Leigh has also got some gorgeous new designs available. With every purchase you this gorgeous image and sentiment free........


Also for every 3 images you purchase you can choose an extra one absolutely free. 
There are loads of fab images just itching to be played with so you will find it easy to spend your pennies I promise you :)

Remember, for our challenges you don't need to use a Happileigh Scrappin' image but if you do you it will be entered into a separate draw. With freebies available here it is easy to use one of Leigh's fabulous digis.

We would love to see lots of entries in this challenge. Leigh gives away her lovely digis to the top 3 so it is well worth entering and myself and the DT love to see your creations, so come on over to

Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – 6” square
Paper – Freebie magazine snippet
Sentiment – Made by Me J
Embellishments – gems from Poundland
Tools - Promarkers,

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-

19 comments:

Jane said...

Brilliant sentiment Mandy & that lil' turtle is sooo cute! x

Sarn said...

Sweet card Mandy.

YES . . . you definitely need those LOTV sentiment stamps, add it to your present list!!!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Marlene said...

I love turtles! Your card is adorable - and I love the little bubbles you created!

Irene said...

A gorgeous and sweet card Mandy.
I love the bubble effect.
luv
irene
xxxx

Shelby said...

Hey Mandy...fancy seeing you! Love the card and the sentiment is wonderful! Love your coloring and you can never go wrong with bling even if it's for a guy card! Thanks for joining us at MMCS birthday challenge this week, good luck and hope you'll join us again

Shelby

Jules said...

Hi Mandy

Those gorgeous snippet papers are just perfect alongside your image and I love the gems too.

Thank you for sharing your lovely snippet make this week and for your lovely comments on my blog today.

Love Jules xx

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Wonderful card Mandy... I love your coloring (as always) and the bubbles are a perfect touch! I am sad to think that our time is up at HLSC and I sure hope we all stay in touch! I know I will be seeing you at CDAC so that makes me happy!
~Hugs~
Georgia

Lesley said...

Lovely card, cute turtle! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty & cute, thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much for participating in the
Mami Doodles challenge.

DesignerDiva said...

Another fab card, you really are queen of the sentiments - this is so cool!

Thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge

Hugs Laurie x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Would you look at that baby sea turtle! So cute! I love your card - especially the sentiment. It reminds me of the sea turtle in the movie, "Finding Nemo".

Blessings on your day,
Teresa

Pami said...

Oh Mandy this is SO SWEET! Really wonderful card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

Unknown said...

Just adorable Mandy. I have actually wanted to do a sea turtle image for the Sea Turtle Watch group on Anna Maria Island. Maybe I will get that done before our next trip. :)

Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at Shelly's Images Blog.

Lynne said...

Fabulous! Love your snippet paper, it perfect for the image.
Lynne xxx

Lisa Minckler said...

LOL...adorable card and that sentiment really gave me a giggle!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Make It Monday.
Good luck to you,
Lisa xx

Dawn said...

I love this cute little guy!
Thanks for sharing him with us at The crafty Pad for our Diamonds are a girls best friend challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

aqualeiga said...

Hi! I Love your turtley cute card, and the gems as bubbles are the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for joining us at THE CRAFTY PAD this week.
Hugs, Ali x

Elizabeth said...

Brilliant and eyecatching card - love the sentiment and the colours - and using up some snippets too. The turtle is cute - rather like the terrapins my kids had as pets. Elizabeth x

Diane said...

Cute card !!

thanks for joining us this week at The Crafty Pad : Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend.

hugs Diane xx