There's a new challenge today at One Stitch At A Time and it is to
Use Your Favourites
We have a fabulous prize up for grabs this week from our sponsor
Following the complete crash of the Stitchy Bear store Jess, Stitchy and the creators have been working really hard to re-load the images and are giving it a revamp at the same time. Please head on over to the store and sign up for the newsletter to get the latest news and any ad-hoc freebies that Stitchy generously gives out from time to time.
* * * * * * * * * * *
For my card this week I have used a gorgeous image from Barbara Jensen called Little Tiggy Tiger. I absolutely adore this image, it is such a cutie. The image has been coloured with Promarkers and I created a second layer so I could decoupage the head. It was rather fiddly to cut the little tufts of hair but it looks great so It was worth it J I added some crystal effects to the eyes, nose and paw pads.
The card was covered with a tiger print paper that I had from an assorted animal print pack years ago. The green paper is by Imaginisce. I had made a card for a work colleague of Pauls for Mothers Day and he was sending it to South Africa where he is from. His Mum came for a visit and brought me some animal papers and chipboards all the way from South Africa. I was really touched that she would do that for me and it was a lovely surprise.
I based my layout on a sketch from Passion for Promarkers. I have added some flowers in the top corner let hand corner with a button and twine embellishment and some die cut swirls from a new die I just had from Joanna Sheen.
The favourites in my card are fave technique which is to decoupage a digi image, obviously fave colouring medium Promarkers, fave bright colours and pretty papers and fave embellishment which is flowers.
Please pop over to OSAAT to see the fab cards from my colleagues on the DT and I hope we will see lots of entries and your favourites.
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – A5
Image – Little Tiggy Tiger by Barbara Jensen
Paper – miscellaneous from stash and Imaginisce
Embellishments – paper flowers, button, bakers twine, crystal effects.
Tools – scissors, 3d foam, Promarkers, Crea swirls die
Techniques – Decoupage, die cutting
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- 4 Crafty Chicks – Autumn colours/theme
- Corrosive Challenge #133 – Punches and/or dies
- Crafts 4 Eternity R#38 – Autumn Colours
- Crafts & Me #53 – Stripes
- Crafty Purple Frog – Autumn Colours
- Cutie Sunday #150 – No Sentiment
- Delicious Doodles #2 – Cute as a button
- Delightful Inspirations DT Challenge – Use at least 2 die cuts (3 separate swirls from flourish die are included)
- Digi Doodle Shop’s Best #76 – Autumn Colours
- Dream Valley Challenge #16 – Buttons
- Going Grey With Scrap Creations – Anything Goes
- Hanna & Friends #112 – Anything Goes
- Just Some Lines – Autumn Colours
- Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT – Animals
- My Time To Craft #158 – Lion
- Ooh La La Creations #89 – Punches or Dies
- Outlawz CPC092311 – Anything Goes
- Papertake Weekly #66 – Creature Comforts
- Paper Makeup Stamps #3 – Use fabric of some Type
- Passion For Promarkers #118 – Sketch for Layout
- Patches of Pink #12 – Link Up Party
- Pixie Dust Studio #93 – Circles
- Play Date Café #100 – Orange green & yellow
- Quirky Crafts #20 – In the Jungle
- Simon Says Stamp – Use dies or punches
- Southern Girls #28 – Anything Goes
- Stampin’ For The Weekend #17 – What a Cutie
- Stamping With The Dragon – 3d or Decoupage
- Stamp With Fun #129 – Anything Goes
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge – Anything Goes
- Whimsy Inspirations #7 – Polka Dots