We have a new challenge today over at Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges which is to use an Autumn Theme. This could be anything to do with Autumn like back to School, leaves, Fall Holidays.
The Happi Sisters as always had the pick of the many images in the Happileigh Scrappin' store and I do hope you will take a look at the fabulous creations they have all made on the blog as there are some real beauties there.
For my card I have used one of the older images called Mice With blackberries which is in the Mice Section of the store
As always you get the black and white and coloured versions, in this set all for only $3
I have made this card as a kind of homage to a harvest festival type of feel. The little mice are helping one another to pick the blackberries off their bushes, in the same way that I am harvesting the cooking apples off my tree in my own back garden. Those blackberries look so juicy don’t they?
My card has been made using paper scraps from the Papermania Woodland Folks pad, just perfect for projects at this time of year. The image has been coloured with Promarkers and matted onto a dark green spotty paper. I have threaded a self-adhesive ribbon through slits and this has then been raised on 3d foam squares.
I have used a sketch from Kathy’s Waffle Sketch file for the layout and it had these great squares on it so I used 10, count them 10!! Brads shaped like leaves. I cut scraps of papers, backed onto cardstock for stability and poked the brads through. Each has been raised on foam. The sentiment was on a die cut sheet that I bought last November and I thought it was perfect for this card.
There are loads of fabulous images in the Happileigh Scrappin' Store and Leigh has also got some gorgeous new designs available. With every purchase you this gorgeous image and sentiment free........
Also for every 3 images you purchase you can choose an extra one absolutely free. There are loads of fab images just itching to be played with so you will find it easy to spend your pennies I promise you :)
Remember, for our challenges you don't need to use a Happileigh Scrappin' image but if you do you it will be entered into a separate draw. With freebies available here it is easy to use one of Leigh's fabulous digis.
We would love to see lots of entries in this challenge. Leigh gives away her lovely digis to the top 3 so it is well worth entering and myself and the DT love to see your creations, so come on over to
Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges to join the fun!
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – A5
Image – Mice With Blackberries by Happileigh Scrappin'
Sketch – Kathy’s
Paper – Woodland Folk by Papermania (all scraps Jules!)
Sentimeny – Hunkydory Crafts
Embellishments – Self adhesive ribbon my MIC, leaf shaped brads Papermania
Tools - 3D Foam & Scissors, Promarkers,
Techniques – Distressing with inkpad
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- Art With No Boundaries – Anything Goes
- Inspiration Avenue – Autumn Splendour
- Cards For Men #19 – Anything But Square
- Crafty Creations #135 – Anything But Square
- Crafty Pad #138 – Autumn Colours
- Creative Card Crew – Anything Goes
- Creative Inspirations Paint – Ribbon
- Creative Stamp Friends #33 – Card for a Man
- Critter Sketch Challenge #82 – Photo Inspiration
- Deep Ocean Challenge #7 – Hearts
- Di’s Digi Designs #1 – Anything Goes
- Digistamps 4 Joy #27 – Colours of Autumn
- Everybody Art #158 – Autumn
- Fresh Brewed Designs #63 – Use Something New (ribbon is from a challenge prize)
- I Did It Creations #72 – Anything Goes
- I Love Promarkers #82 – Metal Embellishments
- Jules Crafty Snippets #36 – All papers and mats are snippets J
- Kathy’s Waffle Sketch File – Layout for Sketch
- Let’s Craft & Create #27 – Blast From the Past (#25 Use a Digi)
- Lexi’s Creations #48 – Autumn
- Lollipop Crafts – Eyelets or Brads
- Make It Monday #54 – Link Up Party
- My Mum’s Craft Shop – Lots of Layers
- One Stop Craft Challenge #148 – Food & drink
- Outlawz PAM091011 – Autumn Theme
- Papertake Weekly #64 – Anything Goes
- Papertake Weekly #64 – Anything Goes
- Pile It On #37 – Lots of Layers
- Sentimental Sunday #72 – Autumn
- Stamp Something – Anything Goes
- Totally Stampalicious – Anything Goes