It’s Thursday and that can only mean one thing…… I hereby present you with my card for the progressive freebie challenge at Delightful Inspiration.
The gorgeous image we have this week is Happiness Blooms and it is the very 1st card I have made coloured in with my new Flexmarkers and that makes me happy J I purchased sets 1-4 for the fabulous price of £40 from Joanna Sheen and I am so chuffed with them. I was able to purchase them with birthday money from my FIL and the proceeds of a card sale to one of Paul’s work colleagues. I think Paul was a bit bummed as he was going to get them for my birthday so he needs to get me a pressie now…. He can buy me the other colours when they come out (I’ve got it all planned you know!)
I am really pleased with how the image came out. They are really easy to colour with, absolutely no streaking at all. The pens seem wetter and the ink blends really easily. I also found the flexible nib was easier to colour with and makes it easier to stay inside the lines. I had no problems blending the Promarkers with the Flexmarkers and all in all I am pretty pleased with them.
I have used a sketch from Come and Get It for the layout layering scraps of magenta mirri card and papers from Papermania, using a Martha Stewart punch on the green section with a piece of purple ribbon. The sentiment is from my stash layered onto another scrap of card. Both the image and sentiment are mounted on 3d foam. I used a small black ink pad to distress the edges of the image.
The purple butterfly is an acetate sticker and the magenta one is a flower sequin which I have cut down to a butterfly shape adding gem decorations and Promarker stamen.
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – A6
Paper – Papermania Woodland Folk
Sentiment – from stash
Embellishments – Ribbon, gems, acetate sticker, metallic flower sequin
Tools – Martha Stewart Punch, small ink pad
Techniques – Distressing with inkpad,
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- Anything Goes #50 – Anything Goes
- Come and Get It Challenge - Sketch for layout
- Corrosive Challenge #133 – Punches and/or dies
- Crafty Pad #139 – Gems
- Delightful Inspiration – Friday Freebie Challenge
- Die Cut Dreams #98 – 5 or more flowers
- Digistamps 4 Joy #28 – Anything Goes
- Flutterby Wednesday #172 - Open
- Incy Wincy Designs #112 - Distressing
- Jules Crafty Snippets #37 – All papers and mats are snippets J
- Make It Monday #55 – Link Up Party
- Ooh La La Creations #89 – Punches or Dies
- Paper Makeup Stamps #3 – Use fabric of some Type
- Paper Shelter #32 – Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp – Use dies or punches
- Stamp Insanity #76 – Photo Inspiration (bright colours and fluttery eyes on bottom pic)
- Stamptacular Sunday #129 – Just Sayin’
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge – Flowers, Flowers, Flowers
- Totally Gorjuss #98 – Anything But Square