My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Thursday 22 September 2011

Happiness Blooms



It’s Thursday and that can only mean one thing…… I hereby present you with my card for the progressive freebie challenge at Delightful Inspiration.

The gorgeous image we have this week is Happiness Blooms and it is the very 1st card I have made coloured in with my new Flexmarkers and that makes me happy J  I purchased sets 1-4 for the fabulous price of £40 from Joanna Sheen and I am so chuffed with them. I was able to purchase them with birthday money from my FIL and the proceeds of a card sale to one of Paul’s work colleagues. I think Paul was a bit bummed as he was going to get them for my birthday so he needs to get me a pressie now…. He can buy me the other colours when they come out (I’ve got it all planned you know!)

I am really pleased with how the image came out. They are really easy to colour with, absolutely no streaking at all. The pens seem wetter and the ink blends really easily. I also found the flexible nib was easier to colour with and makes it easier to stay inside the lines. I had no problems blending the Promarkers with the Flexmarkers and all in all I am pretty pleased with them.

I have used a sketch from Come and Get It for the layout layering scraps of magenta mirri card and papers from Papermania, using a Martha Stewart punch on the green section with a piece of purple ribbon. The sentiment is from my stash layered onto another scrap of card. Both the image and sentiment are mounted on 3d foam. I used a small black ink pad to distress the edges of the image.

The purple butterfly is an acetate sticker and the magenta one is a flower sequin which I have cut down to a butterfly shape adding gem decorations and Promarker stamen.

Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – A6
Paper – Papermania Woodland Folk
Sentiment – from stash
Embellishments – Ribbon, gems, acetate sticker, metallic flower sequin
Tools – Martha Stewart Punch, small ink pad
Techniques – Distressing with inkpad,

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-



35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really great card. Thanks so much for coming to play on our Come and get it Challenge blog.

Rene said...

What a delightful card! So pretty!
Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Rene :D

Tracey T said...

Your colouring is fab, Mandy - lucky you getting the Flexmarker sets! Love this card, so bright and cheerful. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

Very beautiful card. Love your coloring and choise of paper.
Two amazing butterfly's.
Thank you so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week.
Hugs Marianne

Lynne said...

Lovely bright and colourful card.
Lynne xxx

Dawn said...

Beautiful card! Love the Butterflies!
Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Crafty Pad this week for our Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Jane said...

Now you've probably guessed I'm a promarker-a-holic. WHich is best PM's or the flexis?? I love the colours you've put together on your beautiful card...I shall await your verdict x

Mummylade said...

This is a brilliant creation Mandy. I'm so glad you're sharing it with us at DCD this challenge!

buggin2stamp said...

Fun bright card! Thanks for taking the PMS Digi Makeover Challenge.
Melissa

Unknown said...

VERY pretty - I love the color choices. Thanks for playing at PMS this week!

Rachel said...

What a brilliant, bright card - so cheerful. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

Nikki said...

Thanks for letting me know about the typo it's all fixed and sweet card it's so Bright and sunny :)

Anne Temple said...

Love your image and colors. Glad you joined us for the fabric challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps' Digi Makeover Challenge.

Vicky said...

Just so beautiful hun...

thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin....and good luck....!

big hugs Vicky xx

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card - the image is delightful and you're colouring with your new pens is fab. One of the joys of being a crafter is that there is always something else we want/need so Paul shouldn't have any problems with ideas for pressies ... especially if you throw out the odd hint or two :) Elizabeth x

Marlene said...

Your purplicious card makes me smile...because I love purple! Very pretty. Have a wonderful weekend!

Kat said...

What a pretty card Mandy and such lovely colours. Love that image. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat xx

BTW really interesting to hear about the Flexmarkers. I bought some from Joanna Sheen too but I haven't had time to try them yet!

Carol said...

Pretty little snippet make Mandy. Carol x

SuiLan said...

You create very beautiful cards. I'm your newest follower.

Anonymous said...

Very cute..

thanks for playing with us at Digi Papermakeover!!

IVette_DT

Jules said...

Hi Mandy

This is gorgeous!!

I love your punched central border and that fabby image.

Such lovely colours!!

Thank you for sharing in the snippet playground again this week.

Love Jules xx

Kristen H said...

This card is very sweet! I love the colors and the image is great!
Thank you for stopping by me at KWED and I am glad the mummy gave you a giggle!
Have a great day!

dragonllew said...

Great card love the papers thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week.
Jenny x

Cards By MI said...

Such lovely sweet looking card. Thanks for playing with us over at TPS challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Danni said...

Wonderful card! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Tracey Manderson said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, and good luck with the Challenge.
Hugs
Tracey

Michelle VP said...

Sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Flutterby Wednesday. :)

Marcea said...

What a really wonderful card!! Thankyou for joining our challenge last week on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog - make sure you join our new challenge this week .... the theme is Anything Goes

xxx

Kelli Green aka Cajunstampingqueen said...

very Cute card! thank you so much for joining us at StampInsaity this challenge!

Linda Palmer said...

This is such a pretty and cheerful card. Anyone would feel good recieving it. Thanks for joining us
at the Corrosive Challenge.

Anna said...

Super pretty! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wed.

Wendi said...

Wow what a pretty card
love that paper and image
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Unknown said...

What a super card. Loving those lickle butterflies. Just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it with us in our Punches/Dies challenge at OLL this time. Hope to see you again next time.
hugs
Dawn x

Tina said...

simply beautiful...love the images over at d2d..thank you for joining us at StampInsanity photo challenge

Tina
groovygurl dt

Star said...

Absolutely fabulous!! Thanks for playing with us at Digistamps 4 Joy!

xx Star