Woohoo! I am really pleased to announce that I am a Guest Designer at Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges for the whole of September.
They have some gorgeous designs and it is fabulous to have the opportunity to design for them using these little beauties.
The challenge theme this week is Anything Goes and I chose the Doodle Bug set and in particular design #2 which has these groovy flowers. It is a fabulous value set as you get 3 different styled images of cars and 2 sentiments for only $3
I covered my pink base card with this pretty glittery flower paper from Smirk and coloured the digi with Promarkers to suit. I created 2 layers to the image, the back layer for the inside of the card and the wheels and the front layer being the rest of the bodywork. I added Stickles glitter glue to the flowers to make it look groovy baby (said in an Austin Powers voice of course!) As a finishing touch Crystal Effects has been applied to the windscreen and the lights to give them a glasslike appearance.
The magenta coloured mirri card has been run through an embossing folder by Crafts Too and I used an emery board to distress it and bring the white backing through. The flowers are an assortment of paper and fabric ones from my stash and I added a congratulations banner to make it suitable for a girlie passing her driving test.
I hope you like my colourful card and with such a popular theme for this week's challenge I am sure we will see lots of entries.
I'll see you again next week with another lovely Daisy Doodles design.
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – A5
Image – Doodle Bug #2 by Daisy Doodles
Patterned Paper – Smirk
Sentiment – Congratulations banner from stash
Embellishments – Assortment of fabric and paper flowers, Stickles glitter glue, Crystal Effects
Tools - 3D Foam & Scissors, Promarkers, Nestie dies, Crafts Too embossing folder
Techniques – Die Cutting, embossing, distressing with inkpad and emery board
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- 4 Crafty Chicks – Celebrate
- Art With No Boundaries – Anything Goes
- Aud’s Sentiments #36 – Card for a Girl
- Catch the Bug – Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion #74 – Use Flowers
- Crafty Boots Challenge #1 – Anything Goes
- Creative Card Crew – Anything Goes
- Cupcake Inspirations #126 – bright colours and flower theme
- Fun With Shapes & More #91 – Anything Goes
- Fussy & Fancy 1000 Followers – Card for a Celebration
- I Did It Creations #71 – Girly Girls
- I Love Promarkers #81 – Anything Goes
- Let’s Craft & Create #27 – Blast From the Past (#25 Use a Digi)
- Make It Monday #53 – Link Up Party
- Paper Shelter #29 - Anything Goes
- Papertake Weekly #64 – Anything Goes
- Patches of Pink #9 – Link Up Party
- Pile It On #36 – Blossoms, Bling, Bug car
- Rainbow Lady #168 – Embossing
- Scrapbook Sisters #50 – Anything Goes
- Scrappy Frogs – Bling
- Speedy The Cat’s Friends #71 – Bring on the Bling
- Stamp Man #30 – Travel
- Stamp n Doodle – Anything Goes
- Stamptacular Sunday #127 – The Sky’s The Limit
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge – Anything But A Birthday
- Truly Scrumptious #64 – Lots of Pink
- Whimsy Inspirations #4 – Sparkle & Shine