My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Friday 12 September 2008

2 Sketches 4 You - Ashild Bonus Sketch

Over on 2 Sketches 4 You one of the regular DT members Ashild has posted a bonus sketch this week and this was the inspiration for another birthday card for Uncle Roy's on Sunday.

The PP is again from the Dovecraft Birthday pack. The image is another Pink Petticoat which I have layered onto a back mat cut using a Nestabilities die. I used a white gel pen to dot the scallops. I ran a scrap of red card through the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and embellished with Papermania spotty brads. The sentiment is recycled from an old greetings card and matted onto red card.





The tag is a QVC chipboard one that started life with a lime green edge. One chisel tipped permanent marker edge and it is now black! The text is Papermania rub ons and the ribbon is Doodlebug.

I would never in a million years thought to do a design layout like this so the sketches are definitely helping me to 'think outside the box' and I'm not scared of leaving white spaces anymore. Di Hickman will be proud of me :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your blog! I saw your card featured on Susie's Sketch Blog! Very nice! I have been making cards for there too but haven't gotten any of them featured yet...I think I have a few more weeks until I signed on to start. :)

Laura Davis said...

Darling!! Ashild will love it too:)
Laura

Joke said...

Great take on Ashilds sketch. I think it was a nice sketch to work with.

Eva said...

Another fabulous card! Love it!

Spot-On said...

Ya gotta LOVE the white space! Good on you for embracing it! Definitely proud of ya girl! hugs