My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Tuesday 16 September 2008

Card Sketch A Day # 2

If you read my blog, you will know how much I LURVE card sketches and through bloghopping on the very talented Deanne Burton's site I happened upon a new sketch site called Card Sketch A Day. I does exactly what it says on the tin! It only started at them beginning of September so it feels like I just missed the birth of a new baby. Like all small children it needs nurturing and loving so head on over there. There are some card sketches by Susan just crying out for talented card designers to do their beauty on. I have a couple of sketches that have been emailed to me which I am working on at the moment.

I have until recently subscribed to many of the UK cardmaking magazines and quite a lot have freebie papers which I have mainly not done anything with. I have however made a concerted effort to start using them. Some are on really thin magazine paper and will probably be useless, but others are a nice weight and a shame to go to waste.

The papers on this card are from Simply Cards & Papercraft. Some were patterned background papers, others are decoupage images all based on fairies. Not exactly my favourite subject but I do like the playfulness of these images.

I have used organza ribbon from stash and a liberal sprinkling of Sakura glitter pens. The stars are fom Papermania. The sentiment is from K & Co rub on lettering, apologies for not being very straight!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Such a beautiful card!
Love it!

~Susan