My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 7 September 2008

Kazan's Sketch #8 - Birthday Card

It's our neighbour Donna's 22nd Birthday today so I have made this card using Kazan's latest sketch over at 2 Sketches 4 You.

I am absolutely loving these sketches! It makes it so much easier to put a card together. A lot of the time I know what I want to use on a card, but know know the best way to lay it out and sketches make it sooooo much easier for design challenged people like moi. Thanks Kazan & Laura!

The starting point for this card was the dress die cut which was recycled from an old greetings card. It is really sparkly as all the flowers are glittered and was way too nice to throw away in the recycled paper box, so I recycled it myself! Love freebies :) I just dressed it up with a little bit of ribbon and a tiny bow. Gok Wan would be proud of me!

The backing card is a glossy pink, the PP is from a DCWV drawer set from QVC. The black ribbon is Doodlebug, the buckle from Ebay and the sentiment is recyled from an old card and matted a couple of times to make it pop.

Going to pop it round to her a bit later.

3 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card for the sketch Mandy -love the girly look
Love
kath
xxxxx

Unknown said...

Great idea to use that dress Mandy - love that! Gorgeous little number you have here. Thanks for playing :)

Allison said...

lovely and girly
AllisonX