Over at OSAAT we have a new challenge for you which is to make something for a new baby
For this Challenge there will be one winner and we are sponsored by
The Stamping Boutique and they are offering a prize of:-
5 digi stamps of winner's choice
In the Newsletter this week we have Dora in the Designer's spotlight. If you don't already subscribe I would suggest that you sign up as there are some fabulous images given away as freebies and you will always be kept up to date with the latest image news.
While you are there don't forget that for the Month of April we have a store collab with the theme of Mother's Day & Babies which is free with a $10 purchase.
For my card this week I have used a great digi called Tweet Tweet by Gingerloft. I printed out the image twice so I could layer the nest and tweety birds up on 3d foam to create some dimension. I coloured the image with Promarkers and kept to a very simple colour pallette. I figured this would make an ideal card for when you don't know what the couple are expecting.
The paper I used is from a First Editions pad by Dovecraft called Sweet Owl and I have added an inked edge to soften it a little. I added a strip of dark brown which has been stamped with a Fiskars punch and offset the image, something which for me is very hard to do. I pretty much always keep things straight and actually find it hard to fight this urge.... I added some Craftywork Cards Candi dots and the gorgeous felt flower embellishment was an amazing find. I had coloured the image a few days before and just needed to put the card together. I popped to the shops on Thursday, came across some scrummy embellishments in Poundland and they were the EXACT colours to match, obviously they had to be purchased so I could use one on this card ( as if I really needed an excuse to buy something...LOL )
Last but not least I finished the card off with a sentiment that has been cut using a Nestie die and inked around the edges. Now I have quite a few digi sentiments and was sure I had one with this kind of baby and nest theme. Well if I have I can't find it anywhere!! I thus decided to make my own. If like me you also can't find one I have added a JPG and PNG file to this post and you are more than welcome to snag them if you can find them useful.
I you do download them I would be very grateful if you would leave me some love. If you use them on a project please link back to me and let me know so I can come and take a peek at your creation.
I really enjoyed visiting the blogs last week and seeing the most gorgeous of creations. I hope you will join in with our challenge this week and look forward to passing on some love.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges :-
- A Spoonful of Sugar #146 - 2+ ways of adding texture (candi dots, felt, button, 3d foam raised elements)
- Betty Bee’s Buzz - Babies
- Bows & Berries #2 - Inspired by Nature
- Card Making Mama's #18 - Add some embellishments
- Catch The Bug – Four or More Layers
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #97 - Animals or Pets
- Craft Your Passion #52 - Anything Goes
- Creative Inspirations Paint – Inspired by Chocolate
- Dream Valley Challenges #4 – Things With Wings
- Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge #8 - Inspirational photo (colours, leaves,)
- My Partner in Crafting Crime #24 - 3 or more layers
- My Sheri Crafts #52 - Buttons
- Our Daily Bread #56 - Card without any Ribbon
- Paper Garden Projects - Anything With a Digi
- Paper Play #14 - Animals
- Papertake Weekly #55 - Anything Goes & new (digi & flower embellishment)
- Secret Crafter #129 - Feathered Friends
- Shannon's Sentiments #21 - Include an Animal
- Sundays With Crissy #16 - Baby Card
- Totally Gorjuss #75 - Fluffy
- Totally Stampalicious – Anything Goes