This gorgeous digi image is called Tree of Life and is by Nana Vic. She very generously gave it to us over at CDAC to make a card for a challenge. She has painted several of these as triple canvases and they look amazing. I love all the detail in it and the intricacy of the design. It was a pleasure to colour in and I am really pleased with how my card came it.
I coloured the image with Promarkers and the dots have a variety of Stickles glitter glue in silver, gold and irridescent as well as gold liquid pearls and a metallic gold pen. They all add a sumptuous feel to the card.
The panels have been mounted on 3d foam. I used a sheet of A4 pearlescent bronze card for the base and added some luxury embossed swirl paper from Kanban which has a metallic sheen to it. It's almost a shame to cover the swirls up but it fits in really well with the image and I knew it would be a perfect compliment. Amazingly I actually found it in my stash too, must be more organised than I though LOL.
To finish I tied some jute string in a knot, added my little charm (thought the red would pick up the apples in the tree) The sentiment is also from Kanban and is mounted on 3D foam either side of the string.
I am so please with how this turned out that I may have a go at making one larger so I can frame it for in our hallway.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical order) :-
- Allsorts #98 – Anything except a square card
- Aud's Sentiments #26 - Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz #77 - Embossing (paper and sentiment are embossed)
- Crazy 4 Challenges #82 - Brown Green & vanilla colours (not sure if the red apples are ok?)
- Creative Stamp Friends #22 - Swirls
- Gingersnap Creations #96 - Copper, Ginger or Rust
- Moving Along With The Times #94 - Inspired by Chocolate
- Paper Crafting Journey #8 - Use a freebie (Digi Image)
- Paper Garden Projects - Anything With a Digi
- Paperplay #15 - Inspired by Photo (Rich dark colours and a pop of red)
- Papertake Weekly - Dimensional
- Stamping Vacation - Arts & Crafts Style
- Totally Stampalicious – Anything Goes