My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Monday 18 April 2011

Spring Blooming

This stunning image is a freebie from Tortagialli. I just love the happy smiley sunshine and coloured it in my favourite bright colours of oranges and yellow. It just makes me smile so much and I have to be honest I may not give it away. Would you believe that for about 6 years our living room and dining room were decorated in pretty much colours, a bright but rich coloured orange on the bottom and a mustard yellow on the top. After many years of living in rented accommodation or with relative I needed to put my own mark on our house so we had bright colours. It did however make it look cosy and dark so we changes to more neutral creams & browns a couple of years ago. OMG, I have turned into my parents LOL.

I used a sketch from Going Grey with Scrap Creations for the layout and picked my papers. The base card is a sheet of A4 textured so it makes a large A5 card which is my favourite card size. The hibiscus paper and textures cardstock are DCWV as is the sentiment sticker. The stitched ribbon and bow are Papermania and the Candi dots are by Craftwork Cards. I love the little flowers that are on them.

We took my Mother in law out yesterday for her birthday treat and went for a posh cream tea dinner in Ludlow. It was the most glorious sunny day and it made me all smiley like the sunshine in this picture. We are going to see Adele in concert tonight an I am soooooo excited. We saw her 2 years ago and she was fabulous. I love singers with really strong voices and she can certainly sing live. I've got her new album on repeat in the car I loves it so much :)

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in alphabetical order):-



31 comments:

Ann Whitfield said...

Gorgeous Mandy! It certainly made me smile :o)
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Star said...

Beautiful card, Mandy!! Makes me long for summer...it'll be here soon (I hope)!

Jane said...

YAY ORANGE ROCKS!!! You need to redecorate girlfriend!!! Brilliant card with my fav colours too xxx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Lovely card - so bright and cheerful

Thanks for joining us on our "Stitching" challenge this week at SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Linda said...

What a great cute fun card!!
Thank you for joining us at Paper Cupcakes this week.

Deb said...

gorgeous card, you have me craving a cream tea now though!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

Min said...

What a cute image (I just love the smiling sun!!) Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Shelly's Images "Flowers & April Showers" Challenge.
We hope you'll join us again soon! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Kristen said...

Super sweet card.Thanks for playing with at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh how adorable, such a sweet image. Thanks for sharing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations

Delphine said...

Gorgeous card, Mandy! Such a sweet image and I love the wonderful colours! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

mckinkle said...

Hello Mandy,

I love your pretty card, the colours are lovely and vibrant but not harsh, youve got the perfect balance!

Thank You for joining us this week with our Stitched Up challenge over at Delicious Doodles!

Keryn :0

Anonymous said...

Fun bright colors on this!! Such a lovely creation! Thanks so much for joining us at the Inky Impressions Challenges!! Smiles, *Vicki* - Sr. Inkette DT

Cards by Gina said...

Cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at PPA this week!

Anne said...

cute as a button, fabulous image too. A lovely bright card.
Thanks for playing along on Karen's Doodles and good luck
Anne x

Linda Anderson said...

So that's what the sun looks like!!! All we've had around here is rain!

Such a cute card! Thanks for joining us at FBD.

Linda

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh my goodness this is adorable! love that image and the cheerful colors.

Thanks for playing along this week at Freshly Brewed Challenges Cute and Sweet challenge

Hugs! Heather

Liza said...

Great work, I love all the layers. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

Dana said...

Cute, cute, cute!! And your sentiment is one of my all time fav sayings!! Thanks for joining us this month at One Crazy Stamper!!
Hugs~
Dana

Love crafts forever said...

Hi Mandy. What a happy card you have here, love your sentiment. Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy challenge this week, and good luck.
Hugs Nataliya.

Teri said...

Such a sweet card hun!
Thanks for playing at Delicious Doodles this week, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri x

sammi said...

Adorable card Mandy. Great colors!
Thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images.

Petra said...

Mandy, thanks for the comment on my blog :) Know your post is from the 18th, so have to ask how the concert was? love her music myself!
Beautiful card, I really love how vibrant it is!

Anonymous said...

Love your card, very bright and cheerful. When we bought our first house I painted the bathroom and kitchen bright orange - but it was the 70s LOL!
What a great time you are having with cream teas and concerts!
And if you remind me nearer September I am sure I will have loads of hearts left that I will need to get rid of so I can buy more!!!
hugs
Jack xx

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Mandy love this card very summery thanks for meet offer will email you over weekend then we can arrange something no probs would be lovely to meet you
Jacki xx

Wishcraft said...

Ah such a lovely cheerful card Mandy, they're very happy colours :o) Actually my living room is a slightly muted version of this now lol! Lisa x

Jacilynn said...

very prett y card! Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper!
Jacilynn

Michelle Pearson said...

This card just makes me grin...so adorable! Thanks for playing the OCS challenge!

Helen said...

Such a lovely cheerful card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Francesca said...

Absolutely Beautiful Creation

Thanks for joining us for our stitching challenge at secret crafter Saturday this week and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Denimo said...

My goodness! You are a card makin' machine! Yet another wonderful card! Again... thanks for joining in on our Aud Sentiments challenge.
Denise

Annette Bowes said...

Beautiful card Mandy, love your bright colours and sentiment, thank you for joining us in our Inky Impressions Flower Challenge, take careX:)