My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Saturday 11 July 2009

365 Cards Day 130, Colour Create & Unscripted Sketches

This fun card was made using a book of free papers that came with Simply Cards & Papercrafts magazine a couple of months ago and a cute froggy decoupage that came with the issue I got in the post yesterday. 365 Cards had a challenge a couple of days ago to make a humorous card and as soon as I saw the likkle frog yesterday I knew what I was going to do with it.

This card incorporates the following challenges :-
I have used my Martha Stewart doily punch on the outside of the checked paper and the green 'ribbon' strip. The image is 4 layers and the sentiment has been handwritten.

I will be giving this card to my hubby on the 27th July as we celebrate 20 years of being together. I was very lucky at the age of 17 that the 3rd frog that I kissed turned into a prince and I have managed to hold onto him !

15 comments:

Unknown said...

How adorable is this?! I love the frog and colors you chose. Great take on this weeks sketch! Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches! Hope you'll play again soon!

Sarah said...

This is too cute. I love that froggie! Thanks for playing with US at Unscripted and hope you will play again soon.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Absolutely adorable Mandy. Love the frog and the sentiment. Congratulations on 20 years of marriage; I'm sure your wonderful frog-prince hubby will love this card ;o)
Thanks for joining the CC Challenge.
Sharon xx

loz said...

Sooo Georgeous Mandy. Love the froggy..Loz

Sarn said...

One cute frog . . . and a funny sentiment! I'm sure your DH will love it!

Chrissie said...

This is a great card. I love how you have made the border go round the corners... I haven't managed to work that one out yet! My Martha Stewart doily punch has started chewing the paper, any suggestions anyone? I've tried wax paper and foil... no luck!
Chrissie

Jenny S. (UK) said...

This is such an adorable card Mandy. xx

Kristie Larsen said...

this is SO so cute! Congrats on 20 yrs. that is quite a feat now days. You must really have a prince there. Here's to the next 20!

Di said...

This si lovely and so cute, the papers suit the challenge completely and the imag! thanks for joining C.C this week
Di xxx

Mina said...

I love the frog and how you used your doily punch on this card;-)...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Caryl P said...

Adorable card, and how true the sentiment is! I hope your husband loves it as much as the rest of us. Thanks for being Unscripted!

Bamabel said...

How darlin' is that!!!! Thanks for playing with US this week!

Aymee

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, super cute frog! Love it!
Erin x

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a fun card! That frog is adorable, BR-T

Kristen H said...

I love this card! I love the frog, and the colors are some of my favorites!!!
I feel the same way about kissing frogs. It took a long time to find "the one" we are in our 1st year too!
Congrats!!!

xxx