My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Tuesday 14 July 2009

365 Cards Day 136

Hello Tweeties !!

First I would just like to thank all the people who have given me such good wishes for my interviews tomorrow. It really is a boost after the sheer amount of things we've had thrown our way recently. If you all keep your fingers crossed maybe, just maybe I might get a job offer tomorrow. I mean, I haven't bought anything crafty since the end of March. A girl's got needs you know !

Seriously though, thank you very, very much, it means a lot to me to get such support from you, my crafty friends. Big hugs and kisses to each and every one of you xxx

What's Black and White and red allover?

My cutie little card that's what! That was today's challenge at 365 cards and I have incorporated the following challenges into this card :-
The black and white paper is from Clare Curd's 'The Big One' from Papermania, the red spotty is a very old one from HOTP. It came in the very 1st pack of anything I bought from the USA on Ebay in about 2003 !!!

The black scalloped strip on the side was handcut using a Fiskars shapecutter template. I had no chance doing it THAT neatly with the shapecutter so drew it with a pencil and used my trust small pair of Fiskars scissors. I sandwiched it between the card blank and the paper. I used my Martha Stewart punch on the HOTP paper and there is a velvet ribbon in the centre to add some luscious texture. The birdy is a digital freebie that I have used loads and loads and there is a link in one of my earlier posts. I matted this on a cardstock circle and used my nesties to cut a scalloped one. This is edged with a bit of black inkpad and mounted on 3d foam pads. Last but not least the sentiment was made on the computer, matted on black card and raised with foam.

24 comments:

Celeste said...

I love your card. I really like the little bird.

Saskia said...

Lovely card.... so 'tweet'! :)

Saskia :)

Unknown said...

That Birdie is really "tweet"! The elegance of this card is pefect for the challenge! Good luck with your interview!

Juls said...

this is a fab card, I love Black White and Red fav colour combo, Love the little bird it is really sweet!

mueppi said...

Your card is wonderful!!
I love it!
Hugs Gisela

Anonymous said...

Very sweet card!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges!
smiles,Deena

~Lori Roop said...

Cute card! I love the images!! TFP!

InkyAndScrappy said...

Love the color B&W with a pop. Thanks for joining us on CCC this week.

Vicky said...

cute, cute, cute! i just love that little birdy!!

Laura Davis said...

This is darling Mandy! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Cindy Lee said...

What a 'tweet' card, Mandy!

anja curvers said...

Wow this is beautiful love everything about it. TFP.

Sarn said...

Love this cute card!

LISA said...

Hope all goes well with the interviews hunny, hope Pauls gramps and umcle are going on ok, love your card and i hope to be back blogging soon
take care love Lisa xxxx

Carolyn V said...

:) I love your 'tweet' little birdy card! Simply charming... but I'm completely dumbfounded that you've squeezed 5 challenges into one card! HOLY MOLY I did 2 once, and I think that's all I can manage for now.

Thanks for your kind comment about my zipper card. You're right, it would make a fab cardigan! I've got just the argyle paper to do it with (although you'd have to paste it to cardstock first - you need the firmer paper with the zipper) I'd gladly mail you a bit...

Ann said...

Mandy this is just darling!! And you can do as many cards as you want!! Thanks for playing along again and I'm so happy you enjoyed your goodies! Sorry to hear about your Uncle.

How did the interview go?

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful card Mandy. I also wish you well with your job interview. You will get it no probs!
Hugs
Michelle M

Lost in Paper said...

very "tweet" card! love the bird!!

liszha said...

Adorable cute card! And what a challenge on itself it is to make one card fit all this challenges. Good job!

Unknown said...

I love your little bird! Classy colors! Great card!

cnelson said...

cuter than cute!

Unknown said...

I hope your interview goes well! Good luck!

Love your card! It's so striking!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Really cute card and I am loving your colour combo! Thanks for joining the MTTC Challenge this week.

Lesley said...

Great card, love the little bird! Thanks for joining us at MTTC xx