My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Thursday 16 July 2009

My 1st Christmas Card !!!

In a very unusual step for me I have made a Christmas Card! OMG....

I usually have good intentions of making them early, buy the stuff but invariably I don't end up actually making them until the last minute. I purposely didn't put my Christmas items at the top of the bookcase this year as I wanted to make them during the course of the year. Whether this is a fluke or not remains to be seen. Of course it has been helped that a lot of the challenges this week have a Christmas in July theme :)

The following challenges have been incorporated into this card :-
I started out by choosing the circular motifs for the card. I have a box of assorted items that have been cut from recyled shop bought christmas cards. Quite often there are lovely designs or even just the sentiments can be re-used, good for the environment and great for the crafty pocket :)

As the dominant colour was red I decided to use this as the colour for the Nestabilities scalloped mats. The papers are from DCWV stacks. The sentiment is a cardstock sticker from a DCWV drawer set from QVC which was matted onto a scrap of black card. These elements have been popped on 3d foam. The gems are from Paperchase.

The bright colours and stripes have also enabled me to cross one of the older 365 cards challenges off my to do list so that was a nice bonus. Only 45 more to go......

10 comments:

dolcreations said...

I found your blog throught the Cute Card Thursday and was glad that I did. This card is adorable. I love the teddies, and the paper that you chose..very cute!

Sue from Oregon said...

Great idea to recycle...what a lovely card you made for Christmas! Thanks for joining us at 3 Clovers this week!

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Mandy I love how you have recycled the card and the design of your card is fantastic,
Thanks you so much for joining in the fun at Winter Wonderland.
Hugs Pascale

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Mandy you are so dedicated and clever. You never cease to amaze me how you can pull so many challenges together to create, yet again, a fabulous card.
Thank you for your kind words and what are you sending me :-O ????
Bad girl. lol!! ((((hugs))))

Lesley said...

aww this is super cute!!! i love the images and the papers are gorgeous...fab sentiment too!! thanx for playing with us at Winter Wonderland this week...Hugs Lesley xxx

Teri said...

Awww Mandy ... this is super cute! I love those teddies! The whole card is brill. The colours, layout, sentiment ... everything is just right ... Love it!

Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

Teri xx

Janis Lewis said...

Great card! I love the scallops behind the round images. Very nice.

Fae said...

Hi Mandy
Love your cards. If you remember meeting me at the Glitter Pot can you please email me at moonstone1405@hotmail.com - I have a request for you if you don't mind.

Many thanks Fae xx

Elena said...

Very cute card! I love the little bears! Your idea is so clever!
Thank you so much for playing with us at 3CTC!

lesleyworth said...

Love the patterns you used! Very cute card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Shoe!