My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Friday 17 July 2009

365 Cards Day 139

OMG, I've made another Christmas Card !!!

Dustin Pike is sponsoring the challenge at Stamp Something this week and I have only recently become aware of his digi stamp designs. He has such a sense of humour in them and I really like them. He is also extremely generous in that he gives away a freebie on his blog every Wednesday. This little gingerbread chef is the freebie for 15th July. I was inspired to make a card using it as I wanted to use the little shrink plastic gingerbread men that I made last year. See, she is such a good cook that she has a little cookie already made.

The following challenges have been included in this card :)
I started off with a red textured card blank from DCVW. I added a square of cream textured card from my scrap box, edging both layers with a brown ink pad. The red card is a glittered design from a DCWV Christmas Mat stack. I used a pokey tool to pierce around the trellis design. The brown and red text paper is from a magazine freebie some time ago.

The digi image was printed out twice so I could decoupage the chefs hat, the wooden spoon and the dress. These have been raised on 3d foam. I pierced a star design in the corners and matted onto dark brown card. The shrink plastic gingerbread man was cut using a Sizzix die and coloured using felt tipped pens. The black detailing is a fine tipped permanent marker.

I just love the little image as it goes so well with my gingerbread man - almost like they were meant to be together all along. Not bad considering I made them so long ago :) I still have about 15 of them left so I'm sure they will feature in some more cards in the future.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I may win 3 free Dustin Pike images if I am lucky enough!


14 comments:

Carolyn V said...

There you go again, completing a zillion challenges in one card! How DO you do that? Cute as a button, too.

Leah l'Orange said...

hey, our Christmas in July challenge was LAST week! ;) just kidding - you rocked these colours! thanks for playing with us at If The Shoe Fits... Scrap It! good luck with our monthly draw, and we hope to see you again!

---Karmyn

lesleyworth said...

SO adorable! Love the card! Thank you for playing along with us at the Shoe!
Lesley

~amy~ said...

wowza...check out all your work!!! Great job Mandy!

Unknown said...

Many this image is so cute. She particularly looks good in a dress. Nice job on the shrinky too.
Hugs
Michelle

Susan said...

I can almost smell those gingerbread cookies! what a cute card for the challenge today.

Giovana said...

Lovely card!! I love Christmas in July cards and yours is great.
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp Something Challenge.
God bless
Giovana.

Sue from Oregon said...

Okay...you are going to make me try one of these darling DPike images...you do such a great job with them! Thanks for joining us AGAIN!

Unknown said...

Doncha love Dustin Pike images??? LOL I have a growing collection of them! I love his cute dragons the most though.

This card is FANTASTIC!! I love the little gingerbread cookie!! I would love to be that little gingerbread girl and get a bite! LOL Great job!!

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Wow! Mandy, yet again you have managed to cover so many challenges you clever clogs.
Love that image, might just have to pop over there myself.
It's a great card and you are shaming me by making your Christmas cards already. lol!!
xxxx

Tanisha said...

Mandy, your card is just too adorable!! Thanks for playing with us at "The shoe"
Tanisha~

Erin... said...

Adorable!! Great fun colors and I love that image!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something this week:)

Tracey said...

Great Christmas card, love the gingerbread men :-)

x

Elena said...

Oh, I love this sweet Gingerbread men and your card is so pretty!