My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 13 September 2009

365 Cards Day 185

This is the last card I can show you right now that I made on Saturday. The other one is for the next challenge at Crafty Cardmakers which is on the 21st September so you'll have to wait for that one I'm afraid.....

The challenge for 365 Cards Day 185 was to make a card using 3 different shades of blue.

The main basis of this card was the Cuttlebug embossing folder. When I visited my very good friend Carol she had this folder and I'd never seen it before. I had an idea to amalgamate a dark blue and white image together and add stickles glitter to the embossed dots to make it look like snowflakes falling from the sky.

I went one step further by using glitter paper for the snow on the ground, adding some ink to the houses to help define them and a snowman. I matted the dark blue panel onto a pale blue paper with silver snowflakes on it as the white glitter card just blended into the white card blank and didn't look right. The corded trim is an ice blue and has a silver thread running through it which I have also matched up using a silver peel off sentiment from Papermania.

I am really pleased with how this turned out and have a few more images so can replicate it again.

5 comments:

Wishcraft said...

You've been busy! You've made some lovely cards hun :o) Have you noticed the offer on Dustin Pike's blog? Just thought I'd mention it, not my fault if you end up spending lol! Lisa x

Sarn said...

Wow - love it!

jayne said...

A lovely card i havent made any xmas ones yet !!!!
if you fancy sharing crafting projects, entering competitions & challenges plus much more come and join us at www.fiskarettes.co.uk

LISA said...

Its even more beautiful in real life....and you can not see where i smudged the glitter and you had to do emergency repairs, so sorry about that hun xxxx

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Oh! I love this. Great little houses with the smoke 'n' all.
It'll soon be here. :O