My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Friday 4 September 2009

New Stash!!!

Once upon a time there was a blogger called Mandy who used to make loads of cards and take part in challenges...... that was back in the days when I didn't used to have a job, and holidays, and family stuff. Boy it has been busy lately but enjoyable. I have loads to update you with but I'll chop it up into chunks .

First things first, just look at my lovely new stash !!! I got paid on the 20th (1st wage since January) and the taxman has been kind to me for a change. I was a bit naughty as I ordered it just before I went camping and picked it up from the post office on Wednesday morning. I have, ever since I saw it lusted, yes you heard correct, LUSTED after the Basic Grey Lime Rickey paper. I just love the bright colours and even like the green (anyone who knows me well knows that is a very strange statement for me to to make!) I also bought the Lemonade pad too. I love the 6x6 pads as the patterns are scaled down better for cards and love the thickness of the BG papers. I am now the proud owner of 3 pads and a 12" paper pack. I am trying not to be obsessive as they are quite pricy but they have brought out another 2 gorgeous collections. Trouble is I have more paper than I will probably ever use so I kinda wish they would stop bringing them out. I really wanted the Bittersweet one but they didn't have that on the Glitterpot website, probably a good thing :)

I also bought the 8x8" Smirk Christmas pack. I have tons and tons of Christmas stuff so am trying not to buy much this year but I love the fun images in the Smirk range and they are really cute. They have also got glitter and foiling so really appeal to the blingy nature of Christmas.

I have finally tracked down a Cuttlebug Owl embossing folder!!! I have been looking for ages and they have been sold out and I was absolutely delighted that the GP had them in stock. Last but not least, taking full advantage of the money spent up to carriage charge level I bought some Craftwork Cards candy in some brighter colours. I love them as they are so easy to use and unlike brads, do not weigh much or cost a fortune but when I looked at the colours I had thought I needed some brighter ones to go with my new paper :)

I have already used some of my new stash but it was to make my DT card for the 3rd challenge at Crafty Cardmakers which will be revealed on Monday. I do hope that you will join us over there for the next one.

By the way, have you seen the new colours that are coming out in the Promarkers? I was looking at the brilliant offer on Joanna Sheen's website and have sent a link to my hubby as it is my birthday at the end of the month and people are always asking what to get me. I was going to order some from Letraset who make them but they are much more expensive to buy from them, even with a 15% discount voucher that I have from my last purchase.

4 comments:

Wishcraft said...

Fab new stash! I love the BG papers, but I have sooo many papers now I really can't justify anymore until I've used some up! Have fun with all your new goodies :o) Lisa x

Rose said...

You got great stuff Mandy! I love the Lemonade BG paper. I am hoarding mine. Too pretty to use! Enjoy your new stash!

Wishcraft said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog hun :o) Yes, I've got a few Dustin Pike images - I really love his freebie dragon with a kite image. In fact you've reminded me, it's a while since I used that one, I must have another play with it! Lisa x

Carolyn V said...

Lucky you!! Great stash! I'm waiting (not too patiently) for my June Bug papers to arrive...