Over at Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight Challenge Cazro has set us the challenge to use at least 3 inchies on your card.
I have only ever made one inchie and it was a stand alone project which I have never added to a card or anything. I know it is in a small ziplock bag somewhere in my crafty room but goodness only knows where!
I knew immediately I wanted to use this stamp set from Crafts Away which I bought at a show at the NEC at least 5 years ago and this is the first time I have used it (slaps hand in disgust LOL)
Using Promarkers I have coloured the base layer in green and added a second layer with thin 3D foam to give depth to the flowers. I am really into my oranges, yellows and reds at the moment so they feature heavily in this card. The papers are from the Citrus Mat Stack by DCWV. The swirly background papers has loads of encased glitter in it and looks really sparkly so I added a couple of die cut fabric glitter butterfly stickers from Hobbycraft. The yellow paper behind the ribbon has been trimmed with a Martha Stewart punch that embosses at the same time.
I used a sketch from Creative sketches for the layout and added ribbon from my stash to link the green in better, a sentiment from Anitas and various Prima flowers and a red button centre. This is the first time I have used inchies on a card and it amazed me how much detail you can get in such a small square.
The rest of the teams have made some fabulous creations with inchies, much more adventurous and arty than mine I have to say. I do hope you will pop over to the blog and drool over their creations and give them some love, it is always appreciated.
I'm looking forward to seeing how you use inchies in your creations. Don't forget you've still got a week to enter our challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers too.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in alphabetical order):-
- ABC DT Challenge - May Flowers
- Allsorts #102 - Use at least 3 different stamps
- Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
- CES Challenge #35 - Favourite colour combo (using a lot of orange, red & yellow at the moment)
- Claudia & Company #81 - Butterfly
- Clear It Out Tuesday - Ribbon or Trim
- Crafty Ann #40 - Birthday Card
- Crazy 4 Challenges #86 - Flowers
- Creative Inspirations #59 - Glitz & Bling (Glitter butterflies and encased glitter in flourish on top paper)
- Creative Sketches #31 - Sketch for Layout
- Dream Valley Challenge #6 - Flowers
- Ellephantastic #26 - Birthday
- Let's Ink It Up #14 - Loads of embellishments plus rubber stamp
- Oldie But A Goodie #18 - Flowers
- One Stop Craft Challenge #130 - Birthdays
- Paperplay #18 - Show your distinctive style (bright colours, 3d, pretty DP, bling/twinkle)
- Paper Romance - Your Favourite Die (set) Use these nestie shapes all the time for images and matting & layering.
- Raise the Bar #35 - 3 Patterned papers and Flowers (yellow punches paper under ribbon has little white dots on it, may need to zoom in to see clearly)
- Scrappy Frogs - Anything Goes
- Secret Crafter #133 - Neglected Stash (rubber stamps not used for 5 years+)
- Sentimental Sunday #54 - Anything Goes with a sentiment
- Stamping Vacation - Any Creature associated with a cocoon
- Stamping With The Dragon - Flowers
- Sundays With Crissy #17 - Flowers
- Wags & Whiskers #53 - Die or punch (both)
- Whoopsi Daisy - Things With Wings