After winning a challenge at Guylou's Inimitability I was asked if I would like to be a Guest Design Team member on an upcoming challenge and also awarded 2 images of my choice from the store.
The challenge has been set by Brenda and is for a colours scheme but it must also include added flowers.
I had chosen the images Olivia and Gina & Her Furbabies for my prize and coloured them both in with the colours above, intending to get them both in for this challenge. However, with an extremely ill Grandad in hospital with lots of visits, plus the complication of a very tired hubby due to an epileptic fit whilst visiting his Grandad my crafty time has been severely curtailed over the last week or so.
My card has been made with the Olivia image, coloured in with promarkers. I used a nestie to cut her out and used a small green ink pad to distress the edges. The papers throughout are from a fab free pad that came with a magazine last week. I have used Fiskars Theading water and Martha Stewart heart doily punches on them as well as more ink to distress the edges. I have used a variety of flowers from my stash and added a spot of glitter to the cherry blossom one. the green bling is from Paperchase and the sentiment has been recycled from an old card.
I used the sketch from the current Secret Crafter challenge for the layout. I recently met the owner Wendy at a crafty show at the Motorcycle Museum and she was lovely, really knowledgeable and helped me out with a punch I was after and the Tim Holtz ink pad tool I have been after for a long time. It was the last one left and had been opened and poor Wendy got sprayed with all these little felt pads bursting out of the packet!
I also bought some Basic Grey paper pads I hadn't got, not that I needed any more paper you understand, I think I need to go to a group meeting at Paper Mountains Anonymous and repeat to myself I MUST NOT BUY ANY MORE PAPER..... yeah as if that will work. I had an email only yesterday from a store saying there were another 3 pads from the First Edition range I NEED to get, will it ever end I ask myself? Can I sneak any more paper in the house without Paul throwing a dickie fit??? All these questions and more will be answered in the near future my friends LOL (and of course it is a good excuse to arrange a shopping trip, I need to take my MIL to the Range so they could 'accidentally' fall in my basket...... move along, nothing to see here LOL)
Anyhoo, please pop on over to Guylou's challenge blog to enter this challenge. The colours are really pretty, I am sure we all have oodles and oodles of flowers just begging to be added to a card and you don't even have to use a store image, you do however get more chance of winning if you do as your card counts as a double entry.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical order) :-
- Birthday Sundaes #9 - Birthday card with at least 3 circles (gems, punched holes in papers)
- Card Makin' Mamas #20 - 1 image, 2 papers, 3 different bellies
- CCEE Stampers #1120 - Place flowers around your main image
- Charisma Cardz #20 - Pink Birthday Card
- City Crafters #57 - Stripes & Spots (papers)
- Claudia & Company #82 - Birthday Card for a Girl
- Corrosive Challenge #116 - Birthday Cards
- Craft Challenge #103 - Happy Birthday
- Craft Your Passion #58 - Cutie Patootie
- Crafter's Companion #12 - Girls Birthday
- Crazy Challenge #67 - Green & Pink
- Creative Card Crew - Cute & Girly
- Creative Craft Challenges - Distressed or vintage
- Creative Inspirations #59 – Glitz & Bling
- Diva's by Design #2 - One for the Girls
- Dream Valley #7 - Old stash (flowers & Bling) with new stash (everything else)
- Easy Craft Projects #39 – Pastel Colours
- Fairy Knoll #51 - Flowers
- I Love Promarkers #66- Animals
- Lexi's Creations #40 - Spots & Stripes (used both papers)
- Little Claire Designs #7 - Sparkle
- Mami Doodles #26 - Spots and/or stripes
- Paper Play #20 - Sparkle Galore
- Paper Pretties #154 - Include Flowers
- Paper Shelter #14 - Distressing
- Papertake Weekly - Use something Floral
- Penny's Paper Crafty #53 - Anything Goes
- Pixie Cottage #70 - Pink & Girlie
- Secret Crafter #134 - Sketch for layout
- Shelly's Images TTT - Show is What You've Got
- Simon Says Stamp - Sparkle & Shine
- Simply Create #44 - Special day or event
- Stamp With Fun #111 - Green & Pink
- Truly Scrumptious #57 - Anything Goes
- Whimsie Doodles #18 - Card for Teenager or child
- Whoopsi Daisy - Punches