Anyone for an icecream sundae? I can tell you this one is good enough to eat :)
OMG, thank goodness Blogger is back! I only lost my most recent post so I was well chuffed about that. One tip for you, if you use Google Reader follow your blog yourself. This then sends you a copy of what you post and in this case it was a simple matter for me to copy and paste my last missing post into a new post....DA Da, very quick and easy to re-post. I was blooming glad I started doing that a short while ago I can tell you....
However, I really did feel like I had my right arm cut off without my link to the outside crafty world with my challenge buddies. It reminded me of a phrase I once read all our friends being inside a computer. I know I had lots of very unhappy friends though....... Mind you it wasn't all bad, I actually made quite a lot of cards which you will see over the next few days and have been catching up on the TV series V, series 2 is so much better with lots more gore. The original V was mega when I was a kid but the new one with all the advances in CGI is waaaay better, love it :)
I was very fortunate to stumble upon a new kid on the block in digi images called Andy Bauer. He hasn't been designing digistamps for cards for very long but has been a digital illustrator for a long while. Designing digis for cards is another avenue for his artwork and one that I think he will do very well in. If you haven't already, I would strongly advise that you sign up to his weekly newsletter that will pop into your inbox every Friday. Not only does it have lots of delicious artwork, but it also has a fabulous freebie which is where the icecream image came from.
Please pop over to The Digistreet to sign up to his newsletter NOW, I tell you you really need to do this, he has a wicked car as a freebie at the moment and there are loads of challenges for men's cards at the moment :) While you are over there have a mooch around Andy's cool site and to visit his store for all the currently available images click here.
I used the current sketch from Card Positioning Systems for the layout. I had already coloured the image with Promarkers, creating a second layer for the front of the sundae glass and mounting on 3D foam to create depth. Due to the long and thin nature of the card the sketch at CPS was perfect for it so I have used a DL or letter size card and covered it with the scrummy partially glitter covered paper from DCWV. I loved the graduated effect of the colouring so used a darker blue card as mat for the image. The sentiment is one that has been recycled from a store bought card and last by not least the bling is courtesy of Paperchase.
The sketch from CPS is quite simple but really shows the image off to good effect and there is just enough of the paper on show to not detract from the image. So remember, please pop over to Digistreet and sign up to Andy's newsletter, you won't regret it when you can get fabulous crisp images like this for free. This image is now in the store for only $1 so is fabulous value for money if you want to grab it. Andy is a really nice guy and deserves to do well with his images.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order) :-
- CPS #117 - Sketch for Layout
- Crafty Creations #118 - Anything Goes
- Craft Us Crazy #8 - Favourite Bellie is Bling and new digi
- Crazy 4 Challenges #87 - Chocolate (ice cream sundae with chocolate sauce)
- Digistamps 4 Joy #18 - It's a celebration
- Fresh Brewed Challenge #45 - Summer
- KB Cute Monday #13 - Anything Goes with a Digi
- Moving Along With The Times #98 - 2 B's (Banner & Bling)
- One Stop Craft Challenge #131 - Ice Cream
- Paperplay #19 - Anything Goes
- Paper Playtime #44 - Make a DL or tall card
- Paper Pretties #153 - Texture (lots of 3D elements)
- Penny's Paper Crafty #53 - Anything Goes
- Scrappy Frogs - Anything Goes
- Sentimental Sunday #54 - Anything Goes with a sentiment
- Sew Many Cards #53 - Anything Goes
- Shelly's Images TTT - Bling
- Simon Says Stamp & Show - Anything Goes
- Stamp Something - Anything Goes
- Totally Gorjuss #80 - Any shape except square