It's Chris' turn to set the challenge over at Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges this week and as it is Mother's Day in America this weekend she wants you to make your best for Mum.
I used the Sally Sunshine digi which is available to purchase HERE
in the Girly Girls section at the Happileigh Scrappin' Store.
For my creation I started with a sketch from Little Claire Designs for the layout and used 3 patterned papers from the Dovecraft First Edition Sweet Owl pad. All the papers are in shades of pink & brown which is one of my most favourite colour schemes.
I coloured the image with Promarkers and created upto 4 extra layers for the hair and clothes. All the images are on 3d foam and it makes it very dimensional.
The sentiment is a diecut frame that was from a pack I bought rcently. I have coloured it with Tim Holtz Distressing ink in Walnut Stain. I managed to get hold of one of the little applicator felt pads and cannot believe how much of a difference it makes to the application. I might actually start enjoying these ink pads now..... I added some peel off text for the sentiment and a couple of gems to cover the holes in the bookplate.
Please pop on over to see the lovely creations my Happi Sisters have added. There are lots of lovely cards to feast your eyes upon.
Remember, for our challenges you don't need to use a Happileigh Scrappin' image but if you do your entry counts twice and with freebies available here it is easy to use one of Leigh's fabulous digis.
At the Happileigh Scrappin' Store Leigh is having a Spring sale.
For Every 3 images you purchase can choose another one completely free. Leigh is also giving away a free Mother's Day sentiment with each purchase.
We would love to see lots of entries in this challenge. Leigh gives away her lovely digis to the top 3 so it is well worth entering and me and the DT love to see your creations, so come on over to Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges to join the fun.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in alphabetical order):-
- 2 Sister's Challenge #37 - for a Mum
- ABC DT Challenge - May Flowers
- Anything Goes #39 - Pink & Brown colours
- Aud's Sentiments #27 - Mother's Day
- By the Cute & Girly - Anything Goes
- Card Makin' Mama's - Create a card for Someone you Love
- Charisma Cardz #17 - May Flowers
- City Crafters #54 - Mum, Mom, Mother
- Craft Us Crazy #7 Mom & Flowers
- Craft Your Passion #56 - Anything Goes
- Crafts 4 Eternity R#17 - Anything Goes
- Crafty Ho's - celebrate influential women
- Creative Cowgirls - Mother's Day
- Creative Stamp Friends #24 - Mother
- Cupcake Inspiration #109 - Mother's Day
- Creative Inspirations Paint - For Mom
- Cupcake Crafty Challenges - Something beginning with C (cutie)
- Cute Card Thursday #162 - Sketch from Little Claire's Challenge
- Cutie Sunday #139 - Dots
- Daisy Doodles #32 - May Flowers
- Design Dollies - Chocolate, white, mid pink
- Digi Doodle Shop's Best #56 - Anything Goes
- Do You Stack Up #17 - Make it POP
- Dream Valley Challenge #6 - Flowers
- Dutch Dare #110 - For Mom
- Fairytale Challenges #14 - Mother's Day
- Frosted Designs #29 - Stripes and/or Polka Dots
- Going Grey With Scrap Creations #26 - Flowers
- I Did It Creations #53 - Mother's Day
- Just Add Ink #66 - add a Flower
- Let's Craft & Create #18 - Flowers
- Little Claire Designs #6 - Sketch for Layout
- Little Red Wagon #78 - For Mom
- Mami Doodles #25 - Lets get Girly
- My Sheri Crafts #55 - Mother's Day
- Paper Crafting Journey #9 - Bling
- Paper Cutz #89 - Anything Goes
- Paper Variety #31 - Polka Dots
- Pattie's Creations #20 - Mother's Day
- Pear Tree Designs #47 - Free For All
- Pollycraft #91 - Anything Goes
- Prairie Fairy #51 - May Flowers
- Scrappy Frogs - Anything Goes
- Sentimental Sunday #53 - Special Women
- Simon Says Stamp & Show - Hands
- Sisterhood of Crafters - Mother's Day
- Squigglefly #96 - May flowers
- Stamp Insanity - Let's Bling it On
- Stamp-n-Doodle - Mother's Day
- Stamp, Scrap & Doodle - Mother's day
- Stamping With The Dragon - May Flowers
- Stamptacular Sunday #109 - Mum
- Top Tip Tuesday #31 - Something Square
- Wags n Whiskers #53 - Use a die or Punch