Over at Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges this week we have a slightly different different theme this week. Leigh has designed a 'Ring the Bell' digi set in honour of a 12 year old boy called Andrew who has been fighting cancerous brain tumours. The full story can be read here with a link to a card drive for Andrew that is being organised by Mothermark (Cindy) on her blog This is My Story. Basically after the last session of chemotherapy at many treatment centres the survivors 'Ring the Bell' to celebrate. So for this challenge we are asking you to make a card with the same celebratory theme.
The DT have all used the set that Leigh designed which is available in the Happi Scrappin' store.
I particularly wanted to make my card for Katie Renz who I became aware of through a fellow blogger. I befriended her on Facebook and sent a message, honestly not expecting her to reply and she did. At that time I was very low having just accepted that I was suffering from Depression again and she found the time to give ME words of support. It really gave me a kick up the backside and helped me put my troubles into perspective.
I made a card using the large bell image and thought the sentiment would make a great easel card. The papers are from a capsule collection by Papermania. The image has been coloured with Promarkers and I cut a matted frame using my newest Marianne Creatables die set. Both the image and the sentiments are mounted on 3d foam pads.
I have stuck a dotty organza ribbon onto the brown velvet one and last but not least added some gorgeous glittery butterflies from Hobbycraft.
It would be great to see your entries for this special challenge and I look forward to visiting your blogs.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
- Colour Create #65 - Select 3 colours from picture (yellow, orange & brown)
- Colour Throwdown #130 - So Saffron, Tangerine Tango & Chocolate Chip
- Crafts 4 Eternity R#8 - Easel card
- Cupcake Craft Challenge #131 - Anything But Square
- Digistamps For Joy #13 - Create a card with a Sentiment
- Do You Stack Up #8 - Anything Goes
- Dream Valley Challenges #1 - Anything Goes
- Get Creative With Ann #126 - Bring on colour
- I Did It Creations #43 - Punches or Dies
- Paper Issues - Birds, Bees & Butterflies
- Paper Play #8 - Add a Sentiment
- Paper Players #36 - Fun With Fabric (Ribbons)
- Paper Playtime #40 - Anything Goes
- Paper Pretties #142 - Glitter
- Paper Romance #39 - Anything Goes
- Peartree Designs #38 - Use Ribbon
- Sentimental Sunday #44 - Anything Goes
- Shelly's Images TTT - Use Ribbon
- Stamp Scrap & Doodle Saturday - Easel card
- Tuesday Throwdown #37 - 3D (Sentiment & image raised on foam)
- Wild Orchid Challenge #18 - Anything Goes
- Woodware USA #18 - Anything Goes