My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Tuesday 11 March 2008

Mother's Day Card + Di Hickman Sketch Feb #4

This is the card I made for Paul's Mum using this recent sketch from Di Hickman.

I used HOTP papers for the background. The lacy one was a 2 page spread and I just cut the lace edge off each and it was the perfect width. I am not very good at using 2 patterned papers together but the HOTP creative packs and Sarapapers make it so much easier for you.

The scalloped edge circle is cut using a Nestabilities die. I do love these, they add so much interest to a card in a such a simple way. They cut even the thickest card very well indeed. I added bling to the scallops using gemstones from Paperchase. They used do do great value pots of 250 to 400 gems for about £2.50 - £4 and they were a decent size pot. Shame they don't seem to do them anymore. I do like the Papermania ones but sometimes they are a little bit smaller than you would like and they only have a small number of each size on a pack.

The heart is a topper embellishment that I bought from Ebay. I bought a pack of assorted handmade paper embellishments last year with the intention of making Mother's day and Valentine cards and never got the time to do it so this is the 1st one I have used. How many crafter's have similar stories I wonder?

1 comment:

Spot-On said...

great card, love the bling! TFS!