My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Saturday 12 November 2011

Farewell D2D Progressive Challenge



Faith has announced that she will be no longer running the progressive freebie challenge at Delightful Inspirations. I was quite late to the party but have still had so many lovely images and I am really grateful for all the time and effort that Faith must have put into this challenge. I hadn’t quite finished my card using the last freebie so wasn’t able to enter it into the linky before it closed.

This is my finished card and I would like to dedicate it to Faith with gratitude for all the fabulous gifts she has given us.

I coloured the tree with Pro/Flexmarkers and decoupaged the stitched hearts to stick on with 3d foam. I added the little bunny rabbits under the tree which were a freebie from KL Dezign. The heart doily was from a big pack of 4 different sizes that I got from the Grand Designs show at the NEC last month. There was this fab stand with cupcake and baking bits and these just called out to me for cardmaking. I used some of those metallic waxes that you apply with a  finger to highlight the roses and the Love sentiment which are embossed into the doily.

I bought some duster brushes for applying ink onto your cards as the lady demonstrating them made it look so easy. I have to say I am most impressed with how easy it was to distress the edges of my card with clumping it on too heavily like I did before. This is a combination of Tattered Rose and Tea Dye Tim Holtz pads. I was intending to leave it like that but after taking a photo decided it looked too unfinished so added two punched leaves and a flower in the top corner and a Martha Stewart heart lattice punch in the bottom corner using a scrap of pink card from my box.

Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – 6” square
Image – Lovely Tree by Designed 2 Delight & Rabbit Couple by KL Dezign
Embellishments – Doily, mulberry flower
Tools – Martha Stewart Punch,leaf punch TH Distress pads,
Techniques – Distressing, punching

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-


16 comments:

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Mandy, love the girly colours
Clairex

Catherine said...

Love that doily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jules said...

Hi Mandy

Wow!! What a fabby snippet make .. .. and so many hearts!!


Your doily looks gorgeoys and I love the heart tree very much!!

Thank you for sharing in the snippet playground this week.

Love Jules xx

Holly Young said...

What a lovely card! I love the use of the heart shaped doily! thanks so much Mandy for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

Emma H said...

Sweet card! Thanks for playing along with Craft Your Passion this week!

Elizabeth said...

I see your mojo is back and with such a good snippet make - the colours are vibrant. Elizabeth x

Linda said...

This is adorable! Love the doily and the distressing. It looks wonderful.

Heather said...

What a cute card Mandy! I love the doily! Thanks for joining us for the Squigglefly challenge this week.

Kerry said...

Love the doily heart. Thanks for joining us at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.

Rainbow Lady said...

Love this Mandy... great card. Sorry missed you at NEC. Thanks for playing
Love Cynthia x

McCrafty's Cards said...

A really lovely card, thanks for joining in with us at Cardmadfairy digi days.
Kevin xx

Jenny Evans said...

Oh so cute!! I like this one too!! Thanks for playing along at Frosted Designs!! :D

BarbaraW said...

Adorable card. The bunnies kissing surrounded by all those wonderful hearts is fantastic. Thanks for sharing your art in the Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge.

Vicki Romaine said...

What an adorable card. I love the little tree. Thanks for joining "Trees" at the Cheerful Stamp Pad. I hope you have become a follower and will enter future challenges.

Ashley said...

What a great card! I LOVE all the hearts! Thanks for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime!

~Ashley
My Partner in Crafting Crime DT

Gillian said...

Cute! I love all the different hearts. Thanks for joining in with our texture challenge at Cardmadfairy. Hugs Gillian.