My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Imagine That! Rose


As I took part in the progressive freebie last time from Imagine That! I got a lovely digi pack with this rose image with lots of different sentiments. As I am now on the Design Team I don’t have to play along with the Progressive Freebie challenge but wanted to enter a card made with this beautiful and very realistic rose.

I love yellow roses and my personal favourite are the ones that have an orange/red edge to the petals so this inspired my colour choice. I used Promarkers and Flexmarkers to colour and created a second layer for just the rose alone. There is a lot of layering foam  on this card I can tell you.

The card base has been covered with a rose paper from the First Edition Blank Canvas pad. I love tones of oranges and yellows and there are lots to choose from in this pad.

I used a very ornate die called Grace Frame from Crafters Companion Die’sire range. The bottom layer is another paper from the pad and the sentiment section is just a scrap of cream card. The middle section of the die embosses into the panel so I used some distress ink to knock back the edges of the papers and highlight the embossed sections. Finally I used a rub on sentiment to complete what for me is a quite elegant card.

I hope you will join us tomorrow for a new challenge at Imagine That! and come and take a look at both mine and my team mates creations.

Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-
Card size – A6
Image – Rose Blessings from Imagine That 
Sentiment – Rub on from Royal Langnickel
Paper – Blank Camvas First Edtion pad by Dovecraft
Tools – Letraset Promarkers & Flexmarkers, Crafter’s Companion Grace Die’sire die, 3d foam, Distress Ink Pad
Techniques – Diecutting & Distressing

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-


10 comments:

Kristine said...

oh you're awesome Mandy! Thanks for going above and beyond... your card is so elegant and beautiful!! Love the 2-tone rose too. Those are my faves too *Ü* Have a wonderful week!

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Such a pretty card. I love the vintage feel to it.

Hugs,
Lisa

My Creative Therapy said...

I love the design, papers and your coloring is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us and playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
Kathi
Co-Owner/DT Coordinator

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and beautifully coloured rose,love the die frame -thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
Carol DT x

Chana Malkah said...

Beautifully done, Mandy! I love the die cut and that rose is just the perfect point of elevation for this design. Thanks for sharing this on our block at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Lynn Whitehouse said...

Stunning card, love the rose. Thank you for joining us at the Lacy Sunshine challenge Lynn DT :-) xxx

Cumbrianlass said...

A very pretty card, and a gorgeous flower. thanks for entering the Lacy Sunshine Challenge
Janet

Planetsusie said...

Hi Mandy - this is lovely! I love the colours you have chosen, they have given this card a sort of vintagey feel! I have this paper pad but just didn't recognise it! The dies look perfect, I will definitely have to ferret mine out from it's hidey hole so that I can use it.

Thank you so much for joining us at Lady Anne's Stamp Anything Goes Challenge - I do hope you will join us again soon.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

DT member Lady Anne's Stamp Anything Goes Challenge
Lady Anne's challenges

Alyx said...

Simple, elegant and beautiful. Love it.

Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Mema's Crafts said...

Mandy, I love the colors and the design of this elegant card. As always we at Mema's Crafts appreciate you taking the time to visit us and to play with us. Good Luck and come again real soon.