My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Saturday 8 December 2007

Nanny's Birthday Book


One of my work colleagues asked me to make a special book for her. It was to be from 2 little girls for their Nanny's Birthday.

I was provided with loads of photo's of the 2 little cousins and set to work. It was decided that there should be some with them together and also some separate. Tash came up with the idea of handprints from each of the girls and I have left a page alongside so they can do their individual messages to their Nanny which would be a special touch that all Nanny's would appreciate I think.

She liked the same coloring as the previous book I made so I used the same paper for the cover. I added the chipboard circles and brads to wrap the closure round as this was a great mistake that I made on the first one. I just didn't anticipate the difficulty of keeping the book closed !

The patterned papers used inside are from various manufacturers and I used a sprinkling of Primas to embellish the pages.

The matching box and front of book were embellished using die cut lettering from Ellisons Curlie Girlie and Sizzlits extended cuts Wingo Zingo. The paper was a self adhesive irridescent film and the alphabets came out much better using this thinner medium.

I have done a Slideshow of all the pages below.

No comments: