My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 2 November 2008

CPS Sketch #38

Are you ready for a golden oldie ? Oldie in the respect that for this card I have used Sketch 38 which was from last Christmas over at CPS.

I am finding that sketches in general have been a major influence in me getting my Christmas card groove on this year and have been using some of the older sketches for inspiration, then pick my materials and run with it. In my defence, this time last year I only knew about sketches via Di Hickman's blog and Becky Flecks Pagemap site, since then I have become aware of so many more sources of fantabulous designs and I can definitely see it has had a good influence on my cards and made me experiment more with placement of elements and the whole less is more principle.

The main image on this card is a stamped image from a forum swap we did last year. I think it is a Whippersnapper design. It is coloured in with H20's and matted onto a scrap of gold card.

The central paper is some more of the HOTP paper I mentioned in an earlier card. I've still got a bit left and it will be used up soon, I promise.

The flowers are some 3D stickers that came free with a Docrafts Creativity magazine a few issues ago. They have a glue dot in the middle of the plastic flower and the petals are left free so you can fold them and manipulate them so they stand away from the card. They have been squashed down in the scanner but look quite good in real life.

No comments: