My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Monday 7 May 2012

Daisy Doodles #59 May Flowers


Over at Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges we have a new challenge today


*********************************************

For my card I have used my favourite Daisy Doodles image Sunflowers which comes in 3 formats for only $2. Head over to the Daisy Doodles Store to check these out and all the other great digi’s that are available !



For my card I have used my favourite Daisy Doodles image Sunflowers which comes in 3 formats for only $2. Head over to the Daisy Doodles Store to check these out and all the other great digi’s that are available !



Well it’s a Bank Holiday Monday here in the UK and the one thing you can almost guarantee
is that it will rain on a Bank Holiday, today being no exception. Sunflowers are so colourful and I always think it is like they have smiley faces, they certainly make me smile. I have made this card to bring a smile to the face of a very special lady. Paul’s Gran has just come out of hospital since going in on Easter Sunday. She’s 99 years young and so tenacious. She’s a real fighter and I really admire her spirit. She’s not healing very well but is happier at home than in the hospital. She has finally accepted that she needs some help at home so things are changing for her which is unsettling but she is still string and fighting J

I coloured this image with Promarkers and mounted it onto a scrap of green card. The main background paper is a Hot off the Press magazine freebie as is the sentiment tag. I used a snippet of the yellow paper which is leftover from a project a couple of weeks ago. This has been punched with the Martha Stewart trellis punch. I wrapped some pale green Bakers Twine around the image and added a small charm onto a jump ring which says Handmade With Love. The panel is mounted onto 3d foam.

I ran the tag through a xyron sticker machine and adhered it too a scrap of white card to make it stronger. I inked around the edges and added a ribbon bow is from Papermania. I used some raffia to add a cross to the button and mounted onto 3d foam. You will see making an appearance my new Cheery Lynn die cut. The scroll overhung my sunflowers so I twisted it and stuck down with glossy accents so it framed the digi image.
                                                                                               
I hope you will pop over to the blog to see the lovely creations on there from the rest of the DT and we look forward to seeing your entries in for our May Flowers Challenge

I'll see you again next week with another lovely Daisy Doodles design.


Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – 8” Square
Papers – HOTP and Dovecraft Boho Chic First Editon
Sentiment Tag – HOTP
Tools - 3d Foam pads, Promarkers, Ink pad, Martha Stewart Trellis punch, Cheery Lynn die
Embellishments – Charm and jump ring, Bakers Twine, Papermania ribbon bow, button, raffia
Techniques – Diecutting, distressing, Punching

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-



54 comments:

Catherine said...

Fab card, love the sunflowers. Hope things improve for Paul's nan...

sharon said...

Beautiful card, I hope it cheers up Pauls gran. Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x

jkreucher said...

I love sunflowers! this is gorgeous! great design and coloring on the flowers!
thanks for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl May Flowers challenge this week!
hugs
Judy

Nikbee said...

A fantastic card. I love the image. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT.
Nikki x

Janice said...

A beautiful card Mandy - love the flowers & your great card design. Thanks for sharing with us at an OBAG, Jx

Sassy Cheryl said...

Oh, I just ADORE sunflowers and this is simply stunning Mandy! Such GREAT accents too.
Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's MAY FLOWERS challenge.

Joey said...

Fabulous card Mandy, love the image and love that little tag, thanks for joining us at LMMS. Joey x

Chana Malkah said...

Mandy, this is so pretty! I love the way the tag is grouped with the flourish and tied back to your main image...very nice!
Thanks so much for playing with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions. Good Luck!
Chana, DT Coordinator
JDE

Dragonlady said...

Love your tag, great card. Thank you for playing along at Aud Sentiments.

Hugs Ali x

sara said...

really sweet card love the sunflowers thanks so much for joining us at truly scrumptious and little darlings this week
hugs sara x x

Wishcraft said...

This is lovely Mandy! Gorgeous image, love the colours and details too. Thanks for joining in with my WNW challenge hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous card you have made for this challenge. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

mandy said...

Lovely card Mandy the image is fab!! and I love the twine and lil charm you've used they are so cute

Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges

Hugs Mandy DDS DT xxx

TRACEY MO said...

what a very pretty card great colours.

Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodles shop Challenge

Tracey DT

Karen said...

Gresat card, so pretty too, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges.

xx

Janette said...

Your card is so pretty, love the image, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! I love the image you used. Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers. Beautiful design and papers too.



I’m stopping by from MIM. (I’m entries 70 & 157)

~Cheryl~

**I am having a couple of give-aways on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

carol said...

lovely card, fits perfect with our challenge, thanks for sharing with CRAFTY CATZ x carol

loz said...

Such a Beautiful card Mandy.. Saw this on MIM..Loz

Grannymama said...

Awesome card...I love sunflowers too.

Carolyn - DT for PCD team

Grannymama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bianca said...

That´s so very pritty! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is oh so lovely, Mandy. I see you entered it on Make It Monday and I stopped by for a visit.
Blessings,
Teresa

Denise@DigiHaven said...

Thank you for joining the Platypus Creek Design flower challenge. Good luck!

Angélique said...

Lovely creation!
Thanks so much for joining our challenge :) There's a new challenge online tomorrow. Hope you'll play with us again at Wags'nWhiskers challenges

*hugs*
Angélique - DT

Unknown said...

This is So Cute. I love the flowers.

Thanks for Entering the Challenge
At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
I hope to see you enter next week!!
Hugs Owner Tammy Ortiz

Melissa said...

This is very Bright & Cheery
Thanks for joining in at The Emerald Faerie
Hugs
Melissa

mgoll88 said...

Eine sehr schöne Karte und das Motiv wirkt richtig frisch =)
Vielen lieben Dank für die Teilnahme bei der grün/gelb Challenge von Fairytale

LG
Michaela

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation hun, love the image & layout!

Thank you for sharing with us at Platypus Creek, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Olivia said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Wattage said...

Lovely bright sunflowers - just what you need to cheer you up on a rainy day! Thanks for joining us at Platypus Creek, Lisa (DT) x

Jodi said...

Thanks for sharing this with us at our Craft Your Passion Challenge this week. It was great to see all your work. Play with us again soon and good luck!
Hugs,
Jodi

Dee's Craft Room said...

I also love sunflowers, they are such happy looking flowers and your card is gorgeous.

Thank you for sharing your card with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Debra Miller said...

Love the vase of flowers - great image and wonderful card. Thanks for joining the Little Miss Muffet May Flowers Challenge! x Deb

Barbara said...

what a pretty card. Thanks for playing along again this week on the Use Your Stuff challenge.

Purple Card Lady said...

Lovely creation! Thanks for joining us for Tammy's Scrapin Corner Challenge.

Dee said...

Hi Mandy thank you for your sweet comment & visit to my blog. Yes it's addictive and I definitely plan to create more. Your cards are simply divine, hugs Dee

Rosemary said...

Hi Mandy, I was hoping we could get you back at Opus Gluei! Hooray, we did and your card is marvelous. Who can be anything but cheerful with lovely sunflowers? I agree that they make me think happy faces. I believe that your husband's gran is going to love it and it will make her smile, 99 years old. Wow! I'm glad that she is getting help and support from her family.

Your card is really well done, with that sweet tag and the flourish - that flourish just adds such a nice touch.

So, thank you for coming back to see what Opus Gluei had as a theme, I look forward to seeing you with us at even more challenges!

Jackie Randolph said...

Gorgeous Mandy!! Beautiful image and colors. Thank you for joining us at Love to Create Challenge!

Karen said...

Such a lovely card - very sweet!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Make it Monday this week.

Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.

ddazzled71 said...

Sunflowers and the colour yellow always make me smile. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card and joining us at Platypus Creek Digitals this fortnight.
Danie - PCD DT

Eret said...

So petty card, Mandy. I'm sure the receiver will love it. Thanks so much for joining Digi Makeover Challenge at PMS.
Hugs and smiles, Eret

Kim Kelley said...

Love the tag and the added vine! Really makes the card pop! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapper's Delights this week! HUGS

Kim
SD DT

Shanna Shands said...

I love the hat lady and the blue. Great colors. Thanks for playing with Unique Crafter.

Jenny said...

I have a "thing" for tags (lol!) and I love how you included one in your card! So glad you shared with us at Great Impressions Stamps!

TRACEY O said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Platypus Creek Digitals.

Lotta said...

Hi! Gorgeous card!
Thank you for joining us over at Scrapper´s Delights and good luck in the draw! Hugs Sandra

Ruthie Lopez said...

Gorgeous card!!!Thanks for joining at Platypus Creek Digitals - Challenge # 6- Flowers.
Ruthie ~DT

Kelly Schelske said...

Lovely card Mandy! Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digis!

Jess's Crafty Things said...

pretty card Mandy thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Downloads hugs Jess

Jennifer Grace said...

This is really lovely, I like the twirly leaves! Thanks for joining in at SJ Crafts! x

Stampers Delights said...

Hi Mandy thanks for joining in our challenge over at Scrapper's Delights "May Flower" such a pretty card thank you Love Janice AKA Scrapper's Delights XXX

Meihsia Liu said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at MTTC.

suzARTe said...

Another lovely card. I just love the sunflower image and all the pretty embellishments.

Thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along, sorry it has taken me so long to leave a comment, I have been away on holidays.