The new challenges at CDAC are great as they have a fabulous time window, however I have had this image coloured up for about 6 weeks and am so annoyed with myself that it has taken me until tonight to make my card.
The Progressive Challenge for Round 1 gave us this lovely angel from Shelly's Images aptly named Angelic and it also came with a great sentiment. I however opted to make one of my own. I have attached it below and you are more than welcome to download it if you feel it will be of any use to you.
The image was coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers and I created a second layer with the body and heart. Both are mounted on 3d foam. The wings have been covered with Stickles glitter glue and left free so they could be curled up away from the card.
The base card is an A4 sheet of red marbled card. The roses paper is from a Dovecraft pad and the red roses are embossed and glossy. The hearts are also from a sheet of the same paper pad.
I used a sketch from Come And Get It for the layout. The ribbon is one of my favourites and I added it to a scrap of red card so the lace trim contrasted against the paper better. Finally I added the sentiment onto a scrap of card and mounted on 3d foam.
This is completely different to any card I have ever made. In fact I would guess that many people would look at this and not think it was one of mine. It is not an image that I would have thought to use, that is the beauty of these progressive challenges though as it does encourage you to work with something a bit different.
Now for the freebie sentiment I have used. The JPG and PNG file are both included. I ask that you do not claim them as your own, give credit to me if you use them and if possible pop a message on my blog so I can see your creation.
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – A5
Image – Angelic by Shelly's Images
Sentiment - Made By Mandy
Paper – Rose Garden First Edition pad by Dovecraft
Embellishments – Lace Edge ribbon, Stickles Glitter glue
Tools – Letraset Promarkers & Flexmarkers, 3d foam, gold gel pen
Techniques – Decoupage
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- 613 Avenue Create – #12 Anything Goes
- A & T Challenge - #22 Hearts
- Artistic Inspirations – #34 Fantasy (Angels)
- Catered Crop – Flower Power
- CDAC Progressive Freebie Challenge
- Come & Get It - Sketch for layout
- Crafty Boots – Flowers
- Creative Inspirations Paint – Anything Goes
- Desert Island Crafters – #50 5, 6, 7, 8
- Digi Darla Challenge - #55 Flowers
- Digi Sketch Challenge – Fantasy (angel)
- Kenny K’s Krafty Krew - #136 Anything Goes
- Lacy Sunshine - #4 Layer It Up
- Make It Monday – #133 Anything Goes
- My Graphico – #148 Anything Goes
- Order of the Opus Gluei - #153 Do Something Different (used a completely different image and style of card)
- Outlawz Saturday Paper A La Mode – PAM03232013 Anything Goes
- Pause Dream Enjoy - #6 Anything Goes
- Penny’s Challenge - #120 Anything But Square
- Pile It On – #12 Dots
- Shelly’s Images TTT – Show Us What You Got
- Simon Says Stamp – Anything Goes
- Whoopsi Daisy – Use A Digi
- Word Art Wednesday - #73 Anything Goes