We have a new challenge for you today at AI Factory and this week we would like to see you use
Lots of Layers
We are featuring the My First Rainbow set today which is only $6. You get loads of images in the pack and it is a steal for such a low price. Pop over to the store here to purchase this cute set and take a peek at the other designs too in the store.
There so many elements to choose from in the set but I opted to go with the rainbow as I absolutely love them. As an optimist I believe that even though we can have so many bad times in life there is always something better around the corner. I myself have battled through some awful things but that belief is what has got me through some of my darkest times. That is what I am always reminded of when I see a rainbow, it is nature's way of telling me that yes, it may be piddling down but there is sunshine round the corner :) Plus of course as a crafter we love the pretty colours don't we? Anyhoo sorry for getting a bit deep there.....
I used a sketch from One Stop Craft Challenge for my layout and the papers are from Dovecrafts First Edition Pad Up Up and Away. The main background paper has got lovely arcs in it like rainbows and one of the papers has these gorgeous glittered clouds. I've created lots of depth by adding different heights of 3d foam to the mats and embellishments. At the bottom I have used a spotty satin ribbon in between 2 rows of a lovely velvet one. The bottom strip is a scrap of card that has been trimmed with a Martha Stewart hole punch. I am very proud of that fact that other than the base card, all pieces of paper and cardstock have come out of the snippet pile so the example Jules' Crafty Snippets is setting is having a good effect on me :)
Last but not least I was rummaging through my word art on the computer and couldn't find one with sentiment on it so I made my own. I layered the text over the top of the sunshine and then used a Quickutz cookie cutter die to create the rounded shape for the writing and cut the sun out around the rays.
I have included the wordart (without the sun of course!) below in both JPG and PNG formats which you are most welcome to download. Just right click to enlarge it and save as on your computer. If you do download it please let me know by leaving a comment and please link any cards you make with it back to me.
To enter this week's challenge visit the AI Factory Challenge Blog where you will see the full rules and details. If you play along with us and upload your image you could win this week's image.
Image - My First Rainbow by AI Factory
You are not required to use an AI Factory image to enter, but there are some great freebies available here in the freebies section of the store. You will need to link up your entry before midnight EST on Wednesday July 27th. If you use an online gallery Such as AiF, PCP or SCS then please tag your entry with the challenge code AIF090 so we can see all your cards in one place. Whilst you are at our challenge site please take a look at the rest of the DT's wonderful creations.
I look forward to seeing your entries in our challenge and Good Luck !
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size - 5" square
Sketch - One Stop Craft Challenge #140
Sentiment - Made by Mandy :) (me!!)
Paper - Up Up & Away by Dovecraft
Embellishments - Spotty Ribbon & Velvet Ribbon
Tools - Oval Nestabilities, Quickutz Cookie Cutter, Martha Stewart punch, Promarkers
Techniques - Punching and lots of fiddly cutting
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical order) :
- 2 Cute Rubber Stamps - Bling It Up (glitter on clouds)
- Allsorts #112 - Free & Easy
- Betty Bee's Buzz - Punches
- Bizzy Becs - Borders & Frames
- Clear It Out Tuesday - Anything Goes
- Colour Throwdown #151 - Rainbow of colours
- Craft Us Crazy #13 - Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion #67 - Use Text on Your Card
- Crafts 4 Eternity #R28 - MYO 321 recipe (3 pieces of ribbon, 2 images, 1 punch)
- Crafty Creations #128 - Seeing double (2 ribbons or 2 lines of same ribbon, 2 clouds on main image)
- Creative Craft Challenges - Lots of Layers
- Digi's With Attitude #32 - Anything Goes
- Dutch Dare #122 - Colour combo/bright colours
- Frosted Designs - Include a Quote
- Gingerloft #22 - Make it sparkle (glitter on clouds)
- House of Gilli - Anything Goes
- House That Stamps Built DCC720 - Glitter (on clouds)
- Jules Crafty Snippets #28 - All papers and even the card for matting is from my snippets :)
- KB Cute Monday #22 - Use a Digi
- Lollipop Crafts - Anything Goes
- One Stop Craft Challenge #140 - Sketch for Layout
- Our Daily Bread #68 - Inspired by A Phrase
- Paper Cutz #100 - Feature something in the sky
- Paper Issues - Life Is Sweet
- Paper Variety - Rainbows or Grids
- Sew Many Challenges #60 - Glitter (on clowds)
- Shelly's Images TTT - Show us What You've Got
- Whoopsi Daisy - Sparkle & Shine (on clouds)