My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Thursday 21 July 2011

AIF090 Lots of Layers



We have a new challenge for you today at AI Factory and this week we would like to see you use
Lots of Layers

We are featuring the My First Rainbow set today which is only $6. You get loads of images in the pack and it is a steal for such a low price. Pop over to the store here to purchase this cute set and take a peek at the other designs too in the store.


There so many elements to choose from in the set but I opted to go with the rainbow as I absolutely love them. As an optimist I believe that even though we can have so many bad times in life there is always something better around the corner. I myself have battled through some awful things but that belief is what has got me through some of my darkest times. That is what I am always reminded of when I see a rainbow, it is nature's way of telling me that yes, it may be piddling down but there is sunshine round the corner :) Plus of course as a crafter we love the pretty colours don't we? Anyhoo sorry for getting a bit deep there.....

I used a sketch from One Stop Craft Challenge for my layout and the papers are from Dovecrafts First Edition Pad Up Up and Away. The main background paper has got lovely arcs in it like rainbows and one of the papers has these gorgeous glittered clouds. I've created lots of depth by adding different heights of 3d foam to the mats and embellishments. At the bottom I have used a spotty satin ribbon in between 2 rows of a lovely velvet one. The bottom strip is a scrap of card that has been trimmed with a Martha Stewart hole punch. I am very proud of that fact that other than the base card, all pieces of paper and cardstock have come out of the snippet pile so the example Jules' Crafty Snippets is setting is having a good effect on me :)

Last but not least I was rummaging through my word art on the computer and couldn't find one with sentiment on it so I made my own. I layered the text over the top of the sunshine and then used a Quickutz cookie cutter die to create the rounded shape for the writing and cut the sun out around the rays.

I have included the wordart (without the sun of course!) below in both JPG and PNG formats which you are most welcome to download. Just right click to enlarge it and save as on your computer. If you do download it please let me know by leaving a comment and please link any cards you make with it back to me.


To enter this week's challenge visit the AI Factory Challenge Blog where you will see the full rules and details. If you play along with us and upload your image you could win this week's image.

You are not required to use an AI Factory image to enter, but there are some great freebies available here in the freebies section of the store. You will need to link up your entry before midnight EST on Wednesday July 27th. If you use an online gallery Such as AiF, PCP or SCS then please tag your entry with the challenge code AIF090 so we can see all your cards in one place. Whilst you are at our challenge site please take a look at the rest of the DT's wonderful creations.

I look forward to seeing your entries in our challenge and Good Luck !

Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size - 5" square
Image - My First Rainbow by AI Factory
Sentiment - Made by Mandy :) (me!!)
Paper - Up Up & Away by Dovecraft
Embellishments - Spotty Ribbon & Velvet Ribbon
Tools - Oval Nestabilities, Quickutz Cookie Cutter, Martha Stewart punch, Promarkers
Techniques - Punching and lots of fiddly cutting

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical order) :

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandy, love your card, so cute and happy card. Hugs, Lori m

Marlene said...

Pretty! Love all the layers...and thanks for the sentiments, too!

Jane said...

Woah there horsey! Love this one me ol' Mucker!!! Don't see enough blue cards about these days...blue is the new black if you get my drift...love it...can't stop....clippity clop...clippity clop! x

Petra said...

Mandy, thanks for the tip on the scraps :)
Loving the fun feel of your card, your blog always provides me with so much inspiration*

Anne Temple said...

Absolutely love your card. That background paper is perfect - subtle but makes everything else pop.

buglvr2010 said...

I love this! So cute and I love all the layers!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Mandy, what a fun card and such a perfect match for this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Clouds do fly high. Thanks for taking the time to play along! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love the layers, the clouds and rainbow.

Kimmie said...

This is so cute! Thank you for linking up at Paper Issues!

I also featured this card on my blog:
http://whimsicaltwist.blogspot.com/2011/07/more-life-is-sweet.html

Fleur said...

A lovely card, very cheerful colours
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

pinky said...

Love your sweet card mandy, especially the rainbow. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

michele said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

Jules said...

Oh wow Mandy .. .. how super special is this?

So many layers and gorgeous details and I love your rainbow and clouds.

Really bright and beautiful.

Who would have thought something this good would be a snippet make!!
Amazing!

Thank you for playing along for a second time this week.

Love Jules xx

gina g said...

gorgeous card, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at One Stop Crafts this week. luv gina xx

Jenni said...

Lovely card, love the rainbow and the pretty backing paper. Thanks so much for entering it for the Crafty Creations challenge this week.
Jenni x

cheryl said...

this is one super card love the layers on this,bless you for playing at creative craft challenge,hugs cheryl xxxx

Love crafts forever said...

Super cute card Mandy. Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy challenge this week.
Hugs Nataliya

Catherine said...

Beautiful card...

Anonymous said...

This is such a cheerful card,Mandy.Sure to brighten anyone's day.Love the papers and sentiment.
While I'm here I'd like to say thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion too.
Lisa x

Kristin Eberline said...

Those clouds are absolutely precious!!

Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!!

Unknown said...

tooo adorable, thanks for joining us at Clear It Out

Hannah said...

Mandy, this card really stood out in the thumbnail, such a bright and striking design. A lovely card, and I love that rainbow. Thanks for playing along at TPV this week :)

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I'm so glad that you joined us at Shelly's Images Show Us What You Got! Challenge and I hope we see more of your creations in the future!

~Heather
Kurly-Q

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

So cute! Thank You so much for joining us at Dutch Dare this week!

Gaynor Greaves said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at Gingerloft and good luck, Gaynor DT xx

Geneviève aka Muscade said...

Amazing!
Thanks for playing with us at Craft Us Crazy!
Hugs
Genevieve