There's a new challenge today at One Stitch At A Time and it is always a popular one......Anything Goes
If you don't already subscribe to the Stitchy Bear Newsletter I would suggest that you sign up as you will always be kept up to date with the latest image news.
We have a fabulous prize for one lucky winner which is a 5 digi's of their choice from The Stamping Boutique
In the spotlight this week is Jan who has created some fabulous cards and is a wonderful addition to our team :)
Pop over to the store and make sure you sign up for it. While you are there don't forget that for the Month of July we have a new store collab with the theme of Weddings & Sympathy which is free with a $10 purchase.
Image - Lylie by Sylvie's Stamps.
We have an amazing opportunity for you too. To celebrate the ad campaign we are having in Papercraft Essentials Magazine and to reward our loay followers we are having a "Pretty in Print" contest.
Who wouldn't want the opportunity to be published ? Please click on the link above to be taken to the post on OSAAT which explains all the rules for entry.
My card for this challenge was made using a gorgeous stamp called Lylie by Sylvie's Stamps. It is the first time I have used one of her designs in and I really enjoyed colouring in all the intricate parts of this design.
The image is coloured with Promarkers and I used lots of different tones of blues throughout the card. It is not often I create a monochrome card but I felt it would suit this design really well. I printed just the lady for the second layer and used foam to create depth. The butterfly wings have been embellished with lots of gems and glitter.
I used a sketch from Sketches by Carly for the layout of the card. The top section is pale blue card which has been run through a Cuttlebug embossing folder which has butterflies on it. The bottom paper is from Papermania, ribbon from stash. The final touches are Prima flowers with gem centres and a sentiment from my stash which has been recycled from a shop bought card.
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size - A5Sketch - Sketches By Carly #35
Papers - Papermania striped paper and scrap card which has been embossed
Tools - Cuttlebug Embossing folder
Embellishments - Prima Flowers, Gems by Papermania, ribbon & Stickles glue
Techniques - Embossing
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- Aud's Sentiments #32 - At least 2 words in sentiment
- Bizzy Becs - Borders & Frames
- By the Cute & Girly - Things With Wings
- Charisma Cardz #27 - All about Flowers
- Clear it Out Tuesday - Things With Wings
- Craft Your Passion #65 - Anything Goes
- Crafty Pad #129 - Texture
- Creative Craft Challenges - Flowers
- Deep Ocean Challenge #3 - Cards
- Digi Doodle Shop's Best #66 - Butterflies
- Digi's With Attitude #32 - Anything Goes
- Digital Tuesday #118 - Bling It Up (loads of gems & glitter glue)
- Do It With Digis #14 - Spots or Stripes
- Flutterby Wednesday #161 - Open Week
- Gingerloft #22 - Make it sparkle (glitter & gems)
- Gingersnap Creations CG108 - The colour of money (UK £5 note is blue & white)
- House of Gilli #11 - Sparkle (glitter & gems)
- I Did It Creations #63 - Floral
- KB Cute Monday #20 - Anything Goes
- Lollipop Crafts - Anything Goes
- Outlawz COP Friday - Monochrome blues
- Pal's Paper Arts #101 - Summertime Blues
- Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
- Paper Creator's Crafts #2 - Special Occasion
- Penny's Paper Crafty #57 - Birthday
- Pile It on #28 - Fave technique (digi's & Promarkers and decoupaging parts of the image)
- Pollycraft #100 - Celebrations
- Scrappy Frogs - Use Flowers
- Shelly's Images TTT - Celebrate and use 3 items from list (bling, ribbon, embossing, digi)
- Sketches by Carly #35 - Layout of Card
- Stamp Insanity #66 - Anything Goes
- Stamp Something #8 - Bugs or butterflies
- Stampavie & More #146 - More than 3 layers
- There She Goes #114 - Glitter & Glitz (glitter & gems)
- Truly Scrumptious #60 - Things With Wings
- Try It On Tuesday - Flower Power
- Wags n Whiskers #58 - Birthdays