Over at Crafty Cardmakers we have a new challenge today which is to feature Butterflies on your project. I know we will get lots of entries for this challenge because butterflies are so popular, especially with me.
As it happens I just visited the Butterfly Farm at Stratford Upon Avon on Saturday. If you like Butterflies and other insects it is a great place to visit as you go into a massive warm green house and there are just hundreds of beautiful butterflies of all types and colours flying around freely and if you are really lucky they sometimes land on you :)
This is me with only 2 of the 4 butterflies that landed on me, I've only ever had 1 before. There was one on my boob too which you can't see in this shot. The weird thing is that I have just one tattoo, a pink and purple butterfly and it is on that shoulder, maybe they knew somehow??
The butterfly farm is my happy place, I come out feeling so calm and serene having witnessed the beauty of these amazing creatures just flittering about without a care in the world. It is the first time I have driven there and it only took an hour, when we used to go on the train before it used to take almost 2 hours so that was a nice bonus.
Anyhoo, sorry for waffling on and back to the card......
The butterflies I have used for this project are a digi coloured with Promarkers and I added some Sakura glitter pen to them but it hasn't photographed very well so may be hard to see. I really liked as it had a small butterfly in the writing too. I have curled the wings and used tiny foam pads to stick down the body only.
I used a sketch for the layout and stuck to a pallete of purples. The main background paper is by DCWV and the spotty paper is an embossed glitter one from My Minds Eye. I have used a toning plain cardstock for matting and these areas are raised on 3D foam. scraps of the cardstock were then punched with a Martha Stewart design to create a double layered 'ribbon'
We would love it if you took part in this challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers. My fellow DT have made some absolutely gorgeous cards with flutterbies and it would be great to see your entries.
We are sponsored by The Stampman and they are offering a prize of a £10 store voucher for one lucky winner so you could even win a prize!
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size - A5
Sketch - Midnight Madness #113
Sentiment - The Basic Sentiments - Raindrop Echo Designs
Paper - DCWV Peeking Posies, My Minds Eye Glitter embossed spotty
Embellishments - Bit of Sakura Glitter pen
Tools - 3d Foam pads, Martha Stewart decorative punch
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical order) :-
- 2 Sisters #49 - Anything Goes
- Allsorts #113 - Free & Easy
- Betty Bee's Buzz - Punches
- Clear It Out Tuesday - Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations #128 - Seeing double (2 Butterflies the same)
- Creative Craft Challenges - Lots of Layers
- Digi's With Attitude #32 - Anything Goes
- Do You Stack Up #29 - Things With Wings
- Everybody Art #151 - Dots
- Flutterby Wednesday #163 - Open Theme
- Gingerloft #22 - Make it sparkle
- House That Stamps Built DCC720 - Glitter (on wings)
- Jac-Inks #13 - Monotone
- Little Claire Designs #11 - Things With Wings
- Lollipop Crafts - Anything Goes
- Midnight Madness #113 - Sketch for Layout
- Paper Cutz #101 - Anything Goes
- Phindy's Friday Challenge #64 - Doubling up (2 DP, 2 large butterflies)
- Shelly's Images TTT - Show us What You've Got
- Totally Gorjuss #90 - Punch or Die