My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Monday 4 July 2011

Happileigh Scrappin' #29 - Frame It

Many apologies for how late my post is today. I have an awful ear infection and am not getting much sleep at the moment and slept in this morning.....

We have a new challenge today over at Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges which has been set by Chris and that is to use a frame on your project.

I have used the Owl Family digi and the sentiments is from Birthday Turtle. I had the idea to flip the large owl upside down and when used with the sentiment it would all make and really complement one another. How many mothers are going to feel like this over the net few weeks while the kids are on their school holidays?

The image has been altered with Photoshop Elements. I created a couple of copies of my original file. I zoomed right into the main image and used a cloning tool to replace the pixels in the large owl with white. This effectively deleted the whole shape, only leaving the feet on the branch. I then cropped one of my images right down to the large owl only and deleted the stray part of the leaves in the design to leave me with just the large owl. It was then just a case of printing out the components to make the design up and colouring with Promarkers.

I based my card on the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday. The based card is covered with a lovely embossed paper by Kanban. It has a lovely metallic sheen to it and looks very rich and opulent. I used a Nestabilities die for the image and made a frame out of it with dark brown card.

I cut a piece of suede brown ribbon for the bottom and matted the sentiment on this. The flower is handmade and i used a 5 petalled flower die from Marianne Kreatables. I snipped the sections of the flower apart and twisted them around the tips of some long tweezers, crushing and glueing as I went along. I have distressed it with a small ink pad and added some punched leaves and glitter glue to finish off.

Leigh has got some gorgeous new designs available in the store and with every purchase you this image and sentiment free........


Also for every 3 images you purchase you can choose an extra one absolutely free. There are loads of fab images just itching to be played with so you will find it easy to spend your pennies I promise you :)

Please pop on over to see the lovely creations my Happi Sisters have added. There are lots of lovely cards to feast your eyes upon and they are all so different.

Remember, for our challenges you don't need to use a Happileigh Scrappin' image but if you do your entry counts twice and withfreebies available here it is easy to use one of Leigh's fabulous digis.

We would love to see lots of entries in this challenge. Leigh gives away her lovely digis to the top 3 so it is well worth entering and me and the DT love to see your creations, so come on over to


Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size - A5
Paper - Kanban
Embellishments - Suede ribbon
Tools - Nestablities die, fern leaf punch and Marianne Kreatables flower die
Techniques - decoupage, distressing, glitter, handmade flower.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-

47 comments:

mulberry station said...

What an adorable image and fun take on the sketch. Thanks so much for sharing your adorable card with us this week.
Nancy SSW-DT

sweetbloominscraps said...

Sounds like you had fun altering this image. I haven't gotten in to that very much! But it turned out adorable! Perfect with your little sentiment!
Judi SSW DT

Jeannie said...

Such fun little owls and great papers with that beautiful flower! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Marlene said...

Your card is adorable! I hope you feel better soon, lady.

Kelly G said...

Mandy, I found your blog on The Outlawz forum "looking for followers". I love your owl card, so cute! You can find my blog at www.possibilitiesinpink.blogspot.com I am your newest follower.

Sharon Basel said...

What a great card! Love what you did with the image and your creative take on the sketch is terrific. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Anonymous said...

Too cute, love the saying and the card is just a hoot, sorry no pun intended. :) Lori m

Faye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faye said...

What a cute image! I love it. Thanks for playing at MMCS again. x

Debs said...

Super cute card - the image is adorable.
Thanks again for playing Free & Easy with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Iris said...

So cute! Love that flower! It's amazing what you did in Photoshop!

Hope you feel better!

Thanks for playing with us again at Iris's Spot!

Jill said...

Another lovely creation! The owls are so supercute, great image
Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week and I hope to see you again
Big hugs, Jill

Anonymous said...

Now this is a card I can relate to!Don't need the holidays either!Super job with the image,Mandy.Such a clever way of working with it.Beautiful card for them to nest in.Thanks for joining us at DDSC and Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Genevieve said...

Very sweet little image & perfect sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)
Hope you feel better soon.

Genevieve DT

melody said...

...yep..i've definitely have had 'one of those days'! awesome sentiment! love what you did with image...and that background is rawkin kewl! awesome take on the sketch this week!

Anne said...

Fab card, perfect for our 'Come Fly With Me' challenge:)
Thanks for joining the fun on Poodles Parlour and Totally Papercrafts challenges
Anne x

Linda Anderson said...

Oh my goodness, this sure is adorable!! Love those little owls!! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

Linda

Kathie said...

Hi Mandy, your card is awesome, I do love those little owls very cute and great colours. Hope your feeling a little better nothing worse than an ear infection. Great job and thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Kathie SSW-DT

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

So cute! Love the image and the sentiment too! Thank You so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week! If you have not done so already, you may want to hop over to my blog, as I am hosting a no strings attached blog candy, with several prizes to win! I apologize if I have already sent you this invite!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

So cute! Love the image and the sentiment too! Thank You so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week! If you have not done so already, you may want to hop over to my blog, as I am hosting a no strings attached blog candy, with several prizes to win! I apologize if I have already sent you this invite!

dj1952 said...

Beautiful card! Wow! I love your coloring and the background paper is fantastic. Thanks for sharing this card with us at DDSC. Hugs, dj

happyglitzygirl said...

Gorgeous card, and i love the sentiment.Thanks for playing with us at the Papercrafting Journey, blessings Hilde. Don't forget to bloghop

Sue said...

Fabulous card and a lovely image, i love it:)

thank you for joining us at MMCS


sue
xx

Anita Bownds said...

super cute...
Thanks for joining in on the Delicious Doodles challenge good luck Hugz Anita..xx

Bec said...

Fabulous Card!!!. Thank you for entering Bizzy Becs Store Blog Challenge. Bec xx

Michele Spera said...

wonderful card! love the distressed swirls! Very nice job:-) thank you for joining us at Sundays with Crissy
Michele

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card,Thanks for joining in with us this month at The Craft Garden.
Kevin xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for joining in Iris' Spot challenge 20 with all your lovely layered cards. x

Star said...

I just love how you altered the image to fit your sentiment. Fabulous job as always!!

Thank you for playing with us at Stamp-N-Doodle!

xx Star

Sharri said...

Mandy, this is so cute!!! I hope you are feeling better soon! I found you at The Outlawz Follow Me Forum and so glad I did!

Min said...

This is way too adorable! I have THOSE days all the time! What a perfect card for anyone! Thanks so much for playing along with us for this weeks Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min

Leah l'Orange said...

love it, Mandy! cute idea to turn the owl upside down and fits PERFECTLY with your sentiment! as for chocolate, i'm WITH YOU! can't go wrong with rich, creamy choccie ice cream! :) thanks so much for playing along at Charisma this week! xo

Kerry said...

That made me laugh. Such a great idea and a day I have often.

Thanks for playing along with The Craft Garden challenge this month.

Teri said...

Sweet card hun! Love it!
Thanks for playing at the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, and good luck with the draw!
Hugs,
Teri x

Kendra said...

Love the embossed paper, it gives the card just the right touch! Thanks for playing at Dream Valley!

Nicola said...

Great card, love the colour combo and the super fun image! Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

Jennifer said...

So lovely! The image made me smile! Thanks for joining us at CES challs this time xx Jenny xx

sgc said...

Great card. Love the sentiment. Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Anything Goes Challenge. Hope you are feeling better.

Shan said...

I just love your card. Owls are my favorite and the paper is beautiful.
Thank you so much for joining us for "Anything Goes" at Craft Your Passion Challenges. Good Luck :)

Shannin

Unknown said...

Hi Mandy, what a gorgeous card and you are so clever to do all that manipulating of digi images. Thanks for joining in with us this time at Divas by Design. Sarah

Terry said...

Hiya Mandy, thank you for sharing your wonderfull owl creation with flourish with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs Terry xxx

Wendy said...

Love the card Hun thank you for joining us for our things with wings challenge at trulyscrumptious with this fab fun image and card

Wendy DT TS

Ann English said...

Yes, indeed, I have had one of those days! Cute as can be.
So glad you joined us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

Mel said...

Adorable card and image. Love your flowers. Thank you for joining us at House of Gilli.

Sprytebyrd said...

Wonderful card! Love the image and great sentiment!
Thanks for playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays! Have fun and I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Zulma said...

Cute card! love this owl image, nice colors. TFS with us at Lollipop Crafts this week.
Zulma DT

Stampin Mindy said...

Wow, those swirls are beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Little Darlings. I hope you come back for our next challenge.

Hugs, Mindy