My hubby had asked me to make a leaving card for a work colleague so that everyone could sign it. It had to be a large size as there were many messages so I did it A4 size. Now for anyone who has never made an A4 card believe me it is hard to fill all that space up!
I'd had this idea to use speech bubbles for people to sign so went searching on the tinterweb for some suitable clip art. For the inside I wanted to make it fairly uniform just just used 2 rectangular ones and alternated them in a chequerboard fashion. For the outside I made a central frame with the message inside and added many other shapes of speech bubbles to the outside. The frame had star shapes on it in white so to add a bit of interest I used Papermania Brads to decorate it and add a bit of colour and texture.
Paul said my card was well received by everyone who signed it but more importantly Steve liked it too. He is going to be very much missed but we wish him good luck in his new job :)
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical order) :
- Allsorts #111 - Free & Easy
- Aud's Sentiments #32 - At least 2 words in sentiment
- Crafter's Companion #14 - One for the Boys
- Cupcake Craft Challenge #150 - Old Challenge #80 One for the boys
- Deep Ocean Challenge #3 - Cards
- Digi's With Attitude #32 - Anything Goes
- Meljen's Designs #66 - 2 layers or less
- Paper Crafting Journey #14 - For Him
- Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
- Quirky Crafts #14 - Make Your Own Patterned Paper
- Squigglefly #106 - Use some Brads (plus the speech bubble in the bottom Left Hand corner is a Squigglefly freebie)