My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Thursday 28 July 2011

Christmas Snowman


It's Thursday night and that can only mean one thing...... a mad dash to get my card finished and uploaded for the progressive challenge at Delightful Inspiration. Faith has treated us to a lovely little snowman with pressies and the Saturday challenge is to do a Christmas card but not with the traditional red and green colours (hope my tag is okay just realised the writing is green - ho hum!)

Anyhoo I have used a scalloped card blank and covered it with a scrap of a wrapping paper from Paperchase, far too nice to waste on a gift if you ask me! The image has been coloured with Promarkers and mounted on a scrap of blue card from my stash. Jules is encouraging us to use our scraps and I would LIKE to say that my stockpiles are diminishing but it would be a blooming lie. If my hubby had his way he would throw the lot out I can tell you. Any volunteers to protect me and my stash are welcome, I make a mean chilli !

I have used a sketch from Outlawz for the layout, adding Paperchase gems in the corner, a tag from Dovecraft, a little bit of ribbon from stash and a DCWV sentiment sticker that is suffering from being colourblind and is definitely not green honest!

That's me finished for today. I have painted the bathroom door and the whole house stinks of either chilli or paint fumes! No wonder I've got a headache (that'll be my cold...)

Card Size - 6" square
Paper - wrapping paper from Paperchase ( More scraps Jules!)
Embellishments - Paperchase Gems, Dovecraft Tag, ribbon
Sentiment - Sticker by DCWV
Tools - 3d Foam pads and a Nestie Die

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical order) :-

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful holiday card Mandy, it won't be long til it's that time of the year again. Hugs, Lori m

Marlene said...

Love the card...makes me feel COOL looking at it in this heat. ;) Hey, if you lived on THIS side of the pond, I'd help you protect that stash....and eat your chili, too!!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful job with the challenge Mandy!! I really like all the blue!! Thanks for joining us this week for the Saturday Challenge at Designed 2 Delight!!

Unknown said...

What a fun card Mandy, the snowman is so cute. Hugs xxx

Peggysue said...

Your card is so striking with the scalloped white base against the vivid blue print. Very lovely. I didn't even notice the green letters until you mentioned them. Thanks so much for using Christmas Snowman by Designed2Delight and entering our challenge. We enjoy seeing your work!

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Mandy, Gorgeous Christmas Card. Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

Doreen said...

A fabulous card Mandy,love the colours.xxx

Kathy said...

Great color palette Mandy. Love the cool blues and whites. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at D2D this week.

Shan said...

Your card is super cute. Great choice in colors. Thank you so much for joining us this week for our "Christmas in July" challenge over at Craft Your Passion Challenges. I hope you have a great week and Good luck.

Hugs
Shannin

Sonia said...

Hi Mandy
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL christmas card. Good Luck on challenges
Thanks for joining us at Paper Cupcake-TMITA this week!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60
DT

Kazza said...

Wonderful card Mandy. Love the colour scheme! Thanks for playing along with us at Southern Girls. Karenxx

Unknown said...

Lovely card Mandy, great colours. Thanks for sharing with us at OLL this time.
Hugs
Dawn xx

Tracy said...

Beautiful holiday card! That little tag is really cute. :-) Thanks for another great entry in this week's Papercraft Star challenge!

Cards By MI said...

Very cute! Love your colour combo. Thanks for playing with us over at TPS challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

ahlers5 said...

Very cute! I love blue Christmas cards. Thanks for joining us at DDSC.
Diane

xxxtglxxx said...

Lovely colours on this, and a really great christmas card.

Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Tamie said...

It sure is cool to see some wintery cards. I love snowmen and yours is super cute. thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at TPS…..
Hugs Judith

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous card. I love the blues. Thank you for joining us at DDSC this week and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Anne said...

Super Christmas card, you're well organised! Thanks for sharing it with us at OLL. Hugs x

Karen said...

A fantastic Christmas card hun. :0) Thank you so much for joining us at DDSC for our Anything Goes Theme this week! Hugs, Karen.x

papertrails leaver said...

lovely snowman card you made here! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations! :-) Amy

katesacraftybugger said...

super card Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers -Kate x

Sara said...

So cute, I love the blue! Thanks for playing along with SSD!

sammi said...

Such a cute monochromatic card! Great job, Mandy! Thank you for playing along with us at Stamp Insanity.

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Super cute! Thanks for playing along with StampInsanity's Favourite Colour challenge this week :D

Unknown said...

Love your card thanks for playing at StampinSanity this week
luv Jane xxx

Julie said...

Love that snowman!Thankyou for joining the Southern Girls challenge so that I was able to see your lovely work. Hope you join us again next challenge,Julie.x

Unknown said...

Wow! This is a lovely Christmas card. Thank you for joining in with us at Southern Girls this fortnight. I have some candy on my blog if you are interested in joining in.
Alicia xx
http://alicia-timetocreate.blogspot.com/