My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Monday 25 July 2011

Happileigh Scrappin' #32 - Shaped Cards



We have a new challenge today over at Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges which has been set by Leigh and that is to Make a Shaped Card

My card is rather simple in the respect that I took one of the New Releases from last week Daisy Teapot and enlarged it to A5 size and made a teapot shaped card from that. I printed out the image on my really smooth cardstock from Rymans stationers and coloured it in with my Promarkers. I used soft blues as my main teapot colours so that the vibrant colours of the flowers would stand out. I was really pleased with the even coverage that the Promarkers gave me, so much so that Leigh thought I had printed it out onto blue cardstock :)

The card I print my digi's out on is great for colouring as you don't get any bleeding but it is too thin for a card base. I stuck the image to plain white card and cut around the shape. To finished it off I used a black permanent Sharpie pen to go around the edge and cover any white that was showing from the thicker cardstock.

There are loads of fabulous images in the Happileigh Scrappin' Store and Leigh has also got some gorgeous new designs available. With every purchase you this image and sentiment free........


Also for every 3 images you purchase you can choose an extra one absolutely free. There are loads of fab images just itching to be played with so you will find it easy to spend your pennies I promise you :)

Please pop on over to see the lovely creations my Happi Sisters have added. There are lots of lovely cards to feast your eyes upon and they are all so different.

Remember, for our challenges you don't need to use a Happileigh Scrappin' image but if you do you willbe entered into a separate draw. With freebies available here it is easy to use one of Leigh's fabulous digis.

We would love to see lots of entries in this challenge. Leigh gives away her lovely digis to the top 3 so it is well worth entering and me and the DT love to see your creations, so come on over to


Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size - A5
Images - Daisy Teapot by Happileigh Scrappin'

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-

17 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

your card is just amazing! I am in awe of markers that can get that kind of coverage. it truly does look just like cardstock, but I think it also has something to do with the creator holding the markers. ;)
love to join you for a cuppa someday.... drat this ocean between us. tee hee!

Star said...

This is just so fantastic! I still can't beleive you colored it...amazing! Fantabulous job.

Chris Hanselman said...

Love your card!! You amaze me and I am so Happi to be your HappiSister

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Mandy,
I love, love, love your shaped teapot card The coloring is wonderful and that shape is wonderful for a card! Wonderful creation "Sis"!
Hugs,
Georgia

Susan Paul said...

Gorgeous shape card with the pretty new teapot digi. Love the way you colored it.

Unknown said...

oh this is just too cute!, thanks for joining us at Clear It Out

Vicki said...

Beautiful, Mandy. Your coloring is flawless. Just perfect!

Marlene said...

Amazing shaped card - very pretty, Mandy!

Lin said...

Again, this does look printed. You have a real talent with the promarkers.

Lin xx

pinky said...

Gorgeous project Mandy, love the shape. Thanks for joining us at c4E this week. Hugs
Pinky

michele said...

Fabulous card! Thank-you for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

very nice! thnx for playing with us at cmm!!

Annette said...

Love the shape Mandy. Really lively card. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at 2 Sisters this week. Good luck in the draw. Annette xx

Love crafts forever said...

Fantastic shaped card Mandy. Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy.
Hugs Nataliya

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

How adorable and clever is this? Great job on the shaped card and wonderful coloring too! So happy you shared it with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Glenda Atkins said...

Very creative work and it's so lovely, wonderful colouring. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this fortnight!

Rleen said...

WOW! Mandy, what an amazing shape card! I love the colors and all the details. You did a fabulous job!
Thank you for joining us at the Whoopsi Daisy challenge. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.
Hugs, Rleen