We have a new challenge today over at Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges which has been set by Vicki and that is to feature a critter of some type on your project.
I have used a scene by Leigh called Country Hills and added dimension by decoupaging elements such as the treetop, the house and the bush and this whole foreground layer is added to a piece of pale blue card to emulate the sky. I cut it in a way to emulate the wonky frame aspect of the bottom.
I coloured the image with Promarkers creating a path for the For You Bear to walk down. I also added one of the ladybirds that I had leftover from another project I did.
To finish off I embellished the tree with some puffy stickers from Paperchase and a big gem sun in the sky with glitter pen rays.
The whole scene is added to a scalloped edge card which has been distressed with a brown inkpad.
Image - Country Hills & For You Bear by Happileigh Scrappin'
There are loads and loads of Critter in the Happileigh Scrappin' Store and Leigh has also got some gorgeous new designs available. With every purchase you this image and sentiment free........
Also for every 3 images you purchase you can choose an extra one absolutely free. There are loads of fab images just itching to be played with so you will find it easy to spend your pennies I promise you :)
Please pop on over to see the lovely creations my Happi Sisters have added. There are lots of lovely cards to feast your eyes upon and they are all so different.
Remember, for our challenges you don't need to use a Happileigh Scrappin' image but if you do your entry counts twice and with freebies available here it is easy to use one of Leigh's fabulous digis.
We would love to see lots of entries in this challenge. Leigh gives away her lovely digis to the top 3 so it is well worth entering and me and the DT love to see your creations, so come on over to
Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges to join the fun!
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size - 6" square
Embellishments - puffy stickers by Paperchase & large yellow gem from stash
Techniques - decoupage
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- Bizzy Becs - Borders & Frames
- Cardmad Fairy's Digi Days #12 - Include an Animal
- Card Makin' Mamas #24 - Summertime
- Clear it Out Tuesday - Things With Wings
- Craft Garden - Feature a Bird on your project
- Crafty Ann's Challenge #44 - Just Because
- Crafty Pad #129 - Texture
- Crafty Purple Frog - Summer Sun
- Crazy 4 Challenges #95 - Summer theme
- Crazy Challenge #75 - Summertime
- Creative Stamp Friends #29 - Summer
- Cupcake Craft Challenge #150 - Old Challenge #18 Create a Scene
- Deep Ocean Challenge #3 - Cards
- Digi's With Attitude #32 - Anything Goes
- Digital Tuesday #118 - Bling It Up
- Dream Valley #11 - Summertime
- Inky Impressions #19 - Distressing Technique
- Kich N Bleus #4 - Summer or Outdoors
- Lollipop Crafts - Anything Goes
- One Stop Craft Challenge #139 - Summertime
- Paper Playtime #50 - Summer
- Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
- Partytime Tuesdays #23 - Square Cards
- Pile It on #28 - Fave technique (digi's & Promarkers and decoupaging parts of the image)
- Pollycraft #101 - The Great Outdoors
- Rainbow Lady #160 - In The Country
- Scrappy Frogs - Use Flowers
- Some Odd Girl - Bright colours
- Stampavie & More #146 - More than 3 layers
- Stamp Insanity #66 - Anything Goes
- Stamp Something #8 - Bugs or butterflies
- Sundays With Crissy #19 - Distressing
- Totally Gorjuss #88 - Summertime
- Truly Scrumptious #60 - Things With Wings
- Try It On Tuesday - Flower Power