My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Thursday 21 July 2011

A Special Peacock


Week 3 of Delightful Inspirations Friday freebie challenge and I'm managing to keep up so far, woohoo go me :) For completing last week's scrummy strawberries design we were given this fabulous peacock from Designed 2 Delight. I absolutely adore peacocks, the males are such magnificent birds with their dramatic plumage and the colours are just divine. The have such a gorgeous metallic sheen to the feathers when you look at them up close, I guess it's like natures own glimmer mist sprays.

The image was coloured with Promarkers and I added some fine glitter with a Sakura clear glitter pen. I covered the base of a card with the gorgeous paper from DCVW and added some electric blue ink to the edges. I had intended to follow the sketch from this week's Crafty Ho's challenge but the image didn't fit an oval so I used a different shaped nestie. Then the embossed area of vellum wasn't deep enough to lay as per the sketch so it all went a bit wrong then so I made it up as I went along!

I added 2 different shaded of blue inks to the edges of the image and across the embossing on the vellum. I have tried to attempt a Shabby Chic effect with the card but not sure if I have managed it successfully........ I have added some gorgeous velvet ribbon from Paperchase. I've only got a bit of it left so I may have to purchase some on my next visit to Birmingham. Of course that does mean I have to go into Selfridges and go past Krispy Kreme donuts and maybe accidentally one might get into my mouth, they have a cool one with gold glitter on it at the moment. Best excuse for getting glitter on my face if I say so myself.... LOL

The paper from is from Bizzy Becs who had a stall at the craft fair I visited a few months ago, the Prima triple layer crochet flower is from a prize I won from a challenge and has come all the way from America and the gem brad is from Hobbycrafts. The sentiment is one I had in my scraps box which has been recycled from a shop bought card.

Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size - A5
Sketch - loosely based on Crafty Ho's
Image - Peacock by Designed 2 Delight
Sentiment - Recycled from a shop bought card
Paper - DCWV Peeking Posies pad and some vellum
Embellishments - Velvet ribbon, Paper flower, Prima crochet flower, American Crafts Gem Brad
Tools - Embossing folder, Big Shot, Nestabilities, Promarkers, small ink pads, 3d foam
Techniques - Dry embossing, distressing with ink pad

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical order) :-

29 comments:

Sarn said...

Hi Mandy

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting today.

Unfortunately, I will not be seeing Fae this weekend as she has been told she's not to drive until headaches/blurred vision cease. Poor thing.

Glad you're enjoying the snippets challenge. Like you, Jules has trained me to look at my snippets to see what can be used up before cutting into new papers!

Hope you and yours are keeping well.
Hugs, Sarn x

Jane said...

I love 'peacocky' cards...always a great excuse to use beautiful blues...keep 'em comin' Mand' xxx

Céline said...

gorgeous card, love the paper
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline SSC dt

Janet said...

A gorgeous card with lovely embossing on the vellum layer. Beautiful image and colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.

Janet xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, Thanks for joining in with us this month at The Craft Garden, good luck.
Kevin xx

Ann Whitfield said...

Beautiful card Mandy, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Kerry said...

Beautiful peacock.

Thanks for joining in with The Craft Garden this month.

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous. Thanks fro joining us at I Did It Creations.

Renee Matarese said...

What a beautiful color! Love your crocheted flower. Thanks for playing Sugar Creek Hollow's wing things challenge. See you again soon!
~Renee

Rleen said...

Mandy, your card is gorgeous! I love the sweet image and the colors are fabulous! Thank you for sharing with us at the Whoopsi Daisy challenge this week.
Hugs, Rleen

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Mandy, super awesome colors on this and I agree this is a great image. Thanks so much for playing at WHOOPSI DAISY and CRAFTY HOs' this week!! Hugs my friend:)

Marlene said...

Oh, pretty colors! Love the blues. (Ok, that is BLUES as in COLORS, not moods...lol!)

Nikki Byrne said...

Such a Beautiful card Mandy :o) Love all the sparkle. Thank you for joining us at Gingerloft for our summer break challenge 'Make it sparkle'. Hugs

Nikki DT

Sande said...

Love the colors! Great card.

Thanks for joining us on "Sparkle and Shine" challenge at Whoopsi Daisy!

Hugs, Sande x

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card for a beautiful girl.....
Plastic Business Cards
print VIP cards

Unknown said...

oh just adorable, thanks for joining us at Clear It Out

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

What a Beauty! I love that gorgeous teal.

Thanks for getting wild with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges.

Heather D.
www.freshbreweddesigns.com

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Mandy, love this wonderful creation. A gorgeous image and very pretty colours. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's.

Donna x

Carol said...

Beautiful card Mandy. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time and I hope we see you again soon. Carol DT x

Gale said...

Beautiful and elegant!
Thanks for sharing your "Wild Side" with us at Fresh Brewed Designs.
:) Gale

WencheP said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Vicky said...

Such a gorgeous card & the peacock image is really pretty.

Thank you for joining the Rockin' Rubbah Girlz at Crafts & Me, good luck.

Hugs Vicky xx

Lori said...

Such a pretty peacock card! So glad you linked up at Craft Us Crazy!

cheryl said...

oh just love peacocks,this is one beautiful card bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week hugs cherylxxxx

Erum Tasneem said...

beautiful colours!!! Thanks for playing at Gingerloft. Good Luck!

Debbles Dabbles said...

Thanks Mandy for joining us at Jac-inks. We all hope you will join us for our next challenge too! Great colours, beautiful.

Unknown said...

really pretty

kitten DYSU team

Heike said...

This card is just beautiful.

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire for our monthly challenge. x

Ren-Yi said...

I love the touch of vellum. It's so subtle but adds a nice touch of complexity. Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.