If you don't already subscribe to the Stitchy Bear Newsletter I would suggest that you sign up as you will always be kept up to date with the latest image news.
In the spotlight this week is Claire from Hope Jacare Doodles who creates some fabulous digis.
Pop over to the store and make sure you sign up for it. While you are there don't forget that for the Month of July we have a new store collab with the theme of Weddings & Sympathy which is free with a $10 purchase.
Image - Art Nouvou Vase #2 by Hope Jacare Doodles
We have an amazing opportunity for you too. To celebrate the ad campaign we are having in Papercraft Essentials Magazine and to reward our loay followers we are having a "Pretty in Print" contest.
Who wouldn't want the opportunity to be published ? Please click on the link above to be taken to the post on OSAAT which explains all the rules for entry.
For my card I was fortunate to use a Hope Jacare image called Art Nouveau #2. I love the string graphical lines in the image and could see the potential for decoupaging certain areas of the design.
I used strong bold colours of red and black as I feel it suits the Art Deco period and coloured my image to suit with Promarkers. I added the green to the leaves and decoupaged the flowers and the vase.
I used a leather textured cardstock base and added the bold red ribbon. I had black round gems but wanted the angular style of the squares so coloured some clear one with a Promarker. The sentiment is a tag from HOTP. I added it to red card to strengthen it, used the Cropodile to set a 3/16" eyelet and threaded a thing black ribbon through the hole (recycled off an item of clothing I might add)
** Apologies for the lateness of my post, when you prepare your post it helps if yu set it to publish doesn't it?? DOH !! **
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size - A5Sketch - Tuesday Trio #74
Papers - None (OMG I must be ill or something...)
Tools - Cropodile, 3D Foam
Embellishments - Miscellaneous gems coloured with Promarkers, 2 ribbons, eyelet, tag from HOTP matted onto card
Techniques - Decoupage
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- 2 Cute Rubber Stamps - Bling It Up
- ABC Challenge Y - Yesterday, old challenge from August 5th 2008, E is for Embellishments
- Allsorts #112 - Free & Easy
- Bizzy Becs - Borders & Frames
- Crafts 4 Eternity #R28 - MYO 321 recipe (3 flowers, 2 ribbons, 1 tag)
- Crafty Catz #91 - Tags
- Cupcake Craft Challenge #150 - Old Challenge #1 Flowers
- Cute Card Thursday #173 - Circles
- Digi's With Attitude #32 - Anything Goes
- Fresh Brewed Designs #55 - Use 3 of something (flowers on image)
- House of Gilli #11 - Sparkle (gems)
- Lollipop Crafts - Anything Goes
- Moving Along With The Times #107 - Favourite things (Digis, Promarkers)
- Ooh La La Creations #84 - Tag
- Papertake Weekly - Hot Colours
- Pattie's Creations #26 - Glitter or Bling
- Scrappy Frogs - Use Flowers
- Sew Many Challenges #60 - Glitter or bling
- Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
- Stamping B's Design Team #119 - Make a card with Bling
- Stamp Insanity #66 - Anything Goes