We have a new challenge today over at Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges which has been set by Starla and that is to Make your own embellishments.
I started with the gorgeous image of Girl with Kite which is in the Girly Girl section of the store. I love flying kites but I am not particularly good at it :( When we went camping with our friends they bought me a butterfly kite and I rarely got it up in the sky but Paul was pretty good at it.
Anyway I digress, back to the card :) I love chocolate and pink as a colour scheme so coloured the image accordingly. I decoupaged the kite by adding a second layer mounted on 3D foam. Using the sketch from Tuesday Trio I added the gorgeous brown ribbon and tied a bow to match.
For my handmade embellishments I went to one of the patterned sheets in the Sweet Owl pad I had used the main backing paper from. One of the sheets has large flowers and circles on it so I selected particular elements and cut them out, adding ink and glitter to enhance. I then raided my stash for some buttons and twine to finish off and Ta Daaah !!
There are loads of fabulous images in the Happileigh Scrappin' Store and Leigh has also got some gorgeous new designs available. With every purchase you this image and sentiment free........
Also for every 3 images you purchase you can choose an extra one absolutely free. There are loads of fab images just itching to be played with so you will find it easy to spend your pennies I promise you :)
Please pop on over to see the lovely creations my Happi Sisters have added. There are lots of lovely cards to feast your eyes upon and they are all so different.
Remember, for our challenges you don't need to use a Happileigh Scrappin' image but if you do your entry counts twice and withfreebies available here it is easy to use one of Leigh's fabulous digis.
We would love to see lots of entries in this challenge. Leigh gives away her lovely digis to the top 3 so it is well worth entering and me and the DT love to see your creations, so come on over to
Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges to join the fun!
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size - A5
Sketch - Tuesday Trio #75 (no lace sorry)Images - Girl With Kite by Happileigh Scrappin'
Sentiment - Rub On by Sizzix
Paper - Sweet Owl First Edition pad by Dovecraft
Embellishments - Ribbon, Papermania Buttons, waxed twine, Paperchase gem & gold Stickles glue
Tools - 3d foam
Techniques - Distressing, decoupage, MYO embellishments
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges(in Alphabetical Order):-
- 2 Cute Rubber Stamps - Bling It Up
- ABC Challenge Y - Yesterday, old challenge from August 5th 2008, E is for Embellishments
- Allsorts #112 - Free & Easy
- Aud's Sentiments #32 - At least 2 words in sentiment
- Birthday Sundaes #18 - Anything goes birthday
- Craft Your Passion #67 - Use Text on Your Card
- Crafts 4 Eternity #R28 - MYO 321 recipe (3 flowers, 2 buttons, 1 ribbon)
- Creative Belli Challenge #121 - Custom Bellies (buttons & twine old stash)
- Cute Card Thursday #173 - Circles
- Daisy Doodles #38 - Anything Goes
- Digi Doodle Shop's Best #67 - Make Your Own flowers
- Digi's With Attitude #32 - Anything Goes
- Fresh Brewed Designs #55 - Use 3 of something (handmade flowers)
- Going Grey With Scrap Creations - Recipe at least 2 papers & 2 bellies (2nd paper used for flowers)
- Hanna & Friends #102 - Happy Birthday
- House of Gilli - Anything Goes
- I Love Promarkers #74 - Recipe (2nd DP is what was used to make flowers)
- Inky Impressions #19 - Distressing (inked edges on flowers)
- KB Cute Monday #22 - Use a Digi
- Kich N Bleus Design #4 - Outdoor Theme
- Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT #35 - Summer Birthdays
- Lollipop Crafts - Anything Goes
- Meljen's Designs #67 - Buttons & Bows
- Moving Along With The Times #107 - Favourite things (Digis, Promarkers, pretty papers)
- One Crazy Stamper - Recipe 1 image, 2 DP (2nd is what flowwers are made from) and 3 bellies
- Outlawz Paper A La Mode Saturday SBC071611 - Use Flowers
- Paper Cutz #100 - Feature something in the sky
- Pattie's Creations #26 - Glitter or Bling
- Penny's Paper Crafty #57 - Happy Birthday
- Pixie Dust Studio #83 - Girly plus ribbon/bow
- Scrappy Frogs - Use Flowers
- Sew Many Challenges #60 - Glitter
- Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
- Southern Girls #23 - Birthday
- Squigglefly#107 - Hands or feet
- Stampavie & More #147 - Birthday
- Stamping B's Design Team #119 - Make a card with Bling
- Stamp Insanity #66 - Anything Goes
- Take A Word #38 - Flight
- Totally Papercrafts #75 - Girly Girls
- Totally Stampalicious - Buttons & Bows
- Tuesday Throwdown #57 - Fun in the Sun
- Tuesday Trio #75 - Sketch for layout (sorry I used ribbon instead of lace)
- Wag's n Whiskers #58 - Birthdays
- Whoopsi Daisy - Sparkle & Shine
- Your Next Stamp #46 - Buttons