There's a new challenge today at One Stitch At A Time it is to feature
Pearls & Swirls on your design.
We have 2 prizes up for grabs this week from Digi's With Attitude
If you don't already subscribe to the Stitchy Bear Newsletter I would suggest that you sign up as you will always be kept up to date with the latest image news.
In the spotlight this week is my team mate Josephine who is extremely talented. I am honoured to work with her on 2 DT's and she constantly amazes me with the work she produces. We are very lucky to have her.
Pop over to the store and make sure you sign up for it. While you are there don't forget that for the Month of July we have a new store collab with the theme of Weddings & Sympathy which is free with a $10 purchase.
Image - Vintage Peacock by Gingerloft
We have an amazing opportunity for you too. To celebrate the ad campaign we are having in Papercraft Essentials Magazine and to reward our loay followers we are having a "Pretty in Print" contest.
Who wouldn't want the opportunity to be published ? Please click on the link above to be taken to the post on OSAAT which explains all the rules for entry.
* * * * * * * * * * *
For my card I was fortunate to use a Gingerloft image called Vintage Peacock. This is the 2nd Peacock card I have done this week and the lovely thing is that both the images and the style of the card are very different.
The image has been coloured with Promarkers in shades of blues & turquoise.(another blue one Janey xxx) I have added some blue glitter glue and a smattering of a clear Sakura glitter pen. The image was matted on scrap card and mounted on 3d foam.
The card layout is from a sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches. I covered an irridescent card with a sheet of embossed metallic paper by Kanban. The paper has the most gorgeous silver swirls in it and it is so very elegant. It fitted the challenge them perfectly but more importantly I think it really complements the grace and beauty of the digi design. I used matching blue paper to create a ribbon with a Martha Stewart punch.
The three lines on the sketch i couldn't think what to do. Twine didn't seem classy enough and i had no very thin ribbon that I felt would look right then I suddenly remembered funky fibres......remember them???? I have a tub with assorted fibres and wools etc and found the PERFECT MATCH for the colours and everything, don't you just love it when that happens?? All the card required to finish off was a sentiment from my stash and some Kanban pearls which are in a dark bluey grey.
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size - A5Sketch - Tuesday Morning Sketches #103
Papers - Kanban
Tools - 3D Foam, Martha Stewart Doily Punch, Promarkers
Embellishments - Pearls, Sakura Glitter, glitter glue, Funky Fibres
Techniques - Punching
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- 2 Cute Rubber Stamps - Bling It Up
- 2 Sisters #49 - Anything Goes
- Allsorts #113 - Free & Easy
- Ambers Crafts & Stuff #19 - Circles or Swirls
- Betty Bee's Buzz - Punches
- Clear It Out Tuesday - Anything Goes
- Craft Garden - Birds
- Creative Card Crew - Animal Antics
- Digi's With Attitude #32 - Anything Goes
- Do You Stack Up #29 - Things With Wings
- Fresh Brewed Designs #56 - Animals
- Fuzzy Wuzzy - Punchy Animals
- Gingerloft #22 - Make it sparkle
- House of Gilli - Anything Goes
- House That Stamps Built DCC720 - Glitter (on feathers)
- KB Cute Monday #22 - Use a Digi
- Little Claire Designs #11 - Things With Wings
- Lollipop Crafts - Anything Goes
- Outlawz COM Friday CPC072811 - Things With Wings
- Paper Cutz #101 - Anything Goes
- Paper Pretties #163 - Embossing (metallic swirl paper is embossed)
- Shelly's Images TTT - Show us What You've Got
- Simon Says Stamp & Show - Embossing (Kanban paper)
- Tuesday Morning Sketches #103 - layout of card
- Tuesday Throwdown #58 - Metallic (paper has metallic swirls)
- Word Play Weekend #10 - Wild Animals