My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Thursday 14 July 2011

A Strawberry Thankyou

Yum yum yum, strawberries is Summer for me, they are so sweet and yummy this time of year and Paul and I love them in porridge for our breakfast. The strawberries taste extra sweet when the heat from the porridge warms them up and if you have some blueberries with them too it is even nicer. I usually go to the big market in the centre of Birmingham to buy my fruit as it is a lot cheaper than in the supermarkets and I think it is a lot tastier too. Quite often some of the strawberries in the supermarket are 'forced' and just not very tasty so this time of year when they are really ripe and plentiful is so much better. I was really allergic to them when I was little and they would bring me out in a rash so I am really pleased I am no longer afflicted.

This fabulous digi is week 2's freebie in the progressive challenge at Delightful Inspiration. Faith at Designed 2 Delight gives us some fabulous freebies just for taking part the previous week, how lucky are we? We get the joy of using fabulous digis and them we get another one to play with for the following week. Roll up, roll up, we have a winner every time :)

I coloured the image with Promarkers and used a Nestability to cut it out. There was too much white showing at the top and bottom so I trimmed it off a bit and then freehand cut 2 contrasting mats in red and a very dark brown. I added so Rangers Crystal Lacquer to the strawberries and they really shine. I tried to take the photo to reflect this which is why the metallic sentiment looks a bit dodgy....

The layout is from a sketch at Stamptacular Sunday and I have used papers from a Papermania pad. It has lots of fresh reds, strawberries and cupcakes in it and it has been very useful for some of my cards lately. I have used inkpads to distress some of the edges of the papers and provide more definition.

I wanted to use a sentiment You're Berry Sweet on it and handwrote it on but it looked rubbish so I replaced it with a sentiment from my stash.

Materials Used in this card are as follows:-

Size of card - A5
Sentiment - Kanban cadstock from stash
Paper - Papermania
Tools - Nestabilitie die, Rangers Crystal Lacquer
Techniques - Distressing

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical order) :-


19 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Mandy

A great card .. .. love all those strawberries!!!

I too love stawberries but prefer mine with cornish ice-cream. Mmmmm...

Love Jules xx

Jennifer Scull said...

what a cute card! strawberries sound really good right now.... yum! :)

Kathy D. said...

What perfect paper for this beautiful image! I just worked on that sketch last night for the challenge that comes out on Saturday. Hope to see you there www.clearlyistamp.typepad.com
Thanks for playing with us.

happyglitzygirl said...

Wonderful card, great colouring. Thanks for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, blessings Hilde

Sonia said...

Hi Mandy
You did a fab card! love the strawberry images and the dp you used. Great Job!
Thanks for joining us at ALPHABET Challenge Blog.
Good Luck!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

~Tammy~ said...

Strawberries are yummy! Love your card and your layout!

Marlene said...

Yummy! Strawberries! And they look good enough to eat right off your card.

Unknown said...

Hi!
I am a new follower and found your blog through The Outlawz Follow Me Forum.
You have a lovely blog! Gonna enjoy looking back and to follow forward :)

xx/MulleSnuttan

Nina said...

A great card with the good summer feeling :) Great papers and wonderful colouring.

Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week :)
Hugs, Nina.

Darlene said...

Awesome! Such a 'sweet' creation Mandy!! Thanks so much for joining in our 'give thanks' challenge over at The Sisterhood! We sure hope you'll come back to inspire us again next challenge!!
Darlene
One of the 'Sistahs'

Deena said...

love this card...love the berries...we are on the last week of our local strawberries here and they are delicious...best summer treat ever....mmmm...thanks for playing at the opus gluei this week!

Electra said...

Your card is delightful! It makes me think of picnics and sunshine! Thanks for joining us at Opus Gluei this week, I hope you continue to play with us!

Audrey said...

What an adorable card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

TannyP said...

What a super cute card! Perfectly colored berries and fabulous paper choices. Thank goodness for not being bothered by strawberries anymore...that would be sad! Thanks for joining in the Sisterhood of Crafters Give Thanks Challenge!

Andrea said...

This is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

deesdesigns said...

What a lovely thank you card, Mandy. I'm glad you were able to join us for our Two Words or More Sentiment challenge at Aud Sentiments - Good Luck!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Mandy, I love the image you've used.
I'm so pleased your allergy to strawberries has gone, I can't eat eggs and drive everyone mad wanting to know what a fried egg tastes like as they look so yummy lol.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Gem said...

a fab creation! a lovely card! Thanks for sharing in our challenge this week at AUD Sentiments! Gemma :)

Lisa B said...

WOW! That cards looks good enough to eat!! It is simply stunning..great coloring.

Thank you for playing along with our "Give Thanks" challenge over at the Sisterhood.