My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Wednesday 9 April 2008

Angie & Ian's Engagement + Di Hickman April #2 Guest Designer Card

This is the second card I have made as a Guest Designer on Di Hickman's site. If you have not visited her site before I would urge you to take a look. It always amazes me how differently people can interpret the same sketch. Different use of materials and techniques along with some amazingly talented people make some great cards full of inspiration.

One of my work colleagues has just got engaged and I wanted to make her a special card to mark the occasion and thought this sketch would be perfect.

The backing paper is a wrapping paper from Paperchase. They do some fabulous papers, always fashionable and very good value when you consider you get the equivalent of 8 sheets of A4 paper for between £1 and £2. I love to pop into their shops when I go to Birmingham and see what I can pick up.

I used a small Cuttlebug folder for the embossed image and cut out a scallop circle using my Nestabilities dies. I love these and I am considering purchasing some different shapes.

The charm is from Claire's Accessories. I love going into this shop when they have a sale on as you CAN pick up some pretty cool stuff quite cheaply. Although most of their things are sold as ear-rings, phone charms or hair accessories if you think outside the box you can get some fabby little items for next to nothing. I once had over 30 items for £5 and when I took them apart had loads of bits for my cards.

1 comment:

Kerrie's Crafting Corner said...

Hi Mandy!

Lovely card hun... yes IKWYM about paperchase papers they do some fab ones for backing papers! :)