The style of their invitation is very simple, just 2 lilac hearts entwined with the words 'Two Become One'. I decided to make my card along the same theme but of course just a tad more embellished as any handmade card should be :)
I have incorporated the following 7 challenges into this card :-
- 365 Cards Day 106 - Super Sketchy Sunday for the layout
- The Pink Elephant #19 - Wedding theme
- Pile It On #2 - Use at least 2 different ribbons
- Stamp Simply #91 - Use a semi- circle
- Double Dutch #20 - Monochrome card - any colour just different shades
- Our Creative Corner - Use a Border Punch
- Crafty Creations # 19 - Use the colour purple
I used an A4 sheet of card for the base in a darker shade of purple. The slightly patterned paper on top is form the HOTP Amethyst Cardmakers pack, the glitter paper embossed with the Heart Blocks Cuttlebug folder is a wrapping paper from Paperchase. I have used the largest of my Nestability dies to cut the shape. The darker paper edge with my Martha Stewart doily punch is a textured one from my stash from the Papermill, the upper layer of shimmer paper is from the HOTP pad and textured with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Folder. The self adhesive spotty ribbon is from Docrafts.
The die cut hearts are Sizzlits dies. The solid heart has been embossed with the Cuttlebug Textile folder and is on 1mm foam pads. The holey heart is raised on 5mm and has a small ribbon tied through into a bow.
The sentiment is Docrafts peeloff which were originally silver. I have coloured them purple with a permanent marker.